Hello. New to forum.

Options
CatherineManning
CatherineManning Member Posts: 2
edited 13. Nov 2013, 11:05 in Say Hello Archive
Hello!

I'm Catherine. I am a 33 and was diagnosed with OA when I was 12 yeas old. I have had12 surgeries incincluding realignment surgery and I had a partial knee replacement on 11th October. My follow up with my surgeon is on 27th nov and if all is well I will be booked in to have my left knee also replaced.

I live in Hornchurch in Essex, married with 3 beautiful children.

Im looking forward to being part of your forum xxx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you and I hope the forum can help with information (though you're probably more clued up than some) and support (we're very good at that!) I am older than you, deliberately childless due to auto-immune troubles and have a creaky foot in both arthritis camps: I began with psoriatic arthritis in 1997, the joint damage from that has led to OA in some very useful joints and now fibromyalgia has joined my party. It's not fun. :wink:

I am in the process of trying to stave off a flare by resting in bed so won't hang around too long for now. Please look at the Living with Arthritis board on here because that is where we deal with meds, appointments, ops and the accompanying malarkey of having arthritis. I look forward to seeing your name here and there around the forum, and I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Hello Catherine and welcome from me too :) I expect you already know rather more than you wished about OA :roll: and I'm sure others will find your knowledge helpful and I hope we, in turn, will be able to support you.

The op isn't very far off now, is it? Is this a full TKR or another partial one? I do hope it makes a big difference for you.

Please join us anywhere you wish on the other forums. We're a friendly lot and don't bite :wink: I'll look forward to seeing you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Catherine and welcome to our forums :)

I hope you find them as supportive as I have.

Please do come along into the main forums and join us all. I hope all goes well on the 27th and that you get your new knee date soon.

Love

Toni xxx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Catherine

Welcome to a great place, It is OA I have but not anything as severe as many others on here, I also have a rare neurological condition so am not a stranger to chronic pain. The kindness and support you will get is second to none, we mostly post on Living with Arthritis and Chit-chat. Nice to meet you , hope t see you around.............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles