ANAEMIA AND CANCELLED THR

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 17. Nov 2013, 17:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Well I finished a months worth of iron tablets :|
I went to the Nurse last Thursday to have my bloods re-done and see how it was now.
She said ring in about a weeks time and we might have the results.....I left thinking she doesn't know me :wink: I'll be on the phone to them on Monday morning and every day after that until I get the results. :D
I rang on Monday and sure enough they were there......much better than a month ago....not quite within the level that they like {still slightly lower} but she said she would write to the surgeon and tell him...the final decision was up to him but she thought it would be OK to have THR as long as I kept taking the iron tablets......I've got 3 months supply of them :roll:
So its now a waiting game......just for a change :lol:

Love
Hileena

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's good news Hileena, I hope your iron levels continue to improve, and the op can go ahead.
    Keep taking the tablets!
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I echo Numpty's wise words. I hope it goes through OK>
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Keep taking the tablets, Hileena, they are doing their thing and hopefully they will mean you can have your op done very soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    Thanks....still taking the tablets :lol: hopefully the GP will have got a letter off to him on Monday and the appointment wont be long.
    I don't know whether I want it quickly or not :roll:
    One angle wont give me time to worry about it
    the other angle is that it gives me more time to prepare..
    Oh well....when it comes it comes

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I think that's the best attitude, Hileena.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    Its so good to hear your blood results are better...I nearly put my Op off because I didnt want it mid summer..but when I look back Im so glad I didnt... when the time had gone it was good to have it done and dusted...my PM box is getting in a muddle again so I will have a good clear out and PM you.. :D xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Fingers crossed Hileena, sounds like the iron tablets are doing their job and hopefully the consultant will feel the same way x
    Toots x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi All
    Well .......come next week I'll ring his secretary and see if he has heard from the GP yet......seems as if its going the right way doesn't it? :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Ah now Hileena

that IS good news :) I should say definitely going in the right direction. I can't see any reason why, if you keep on taking the iron, you won't get it high enough easily :)

Cutting it fine now to get it done before Christmas, but did you get things organised anyway incase??

Love

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Toni
    No I'm not organised for before Christmas.....once they said it was cancelled for 13th Dec.....I just stopped trying to organise things :oops:
    So hopefully it will be after that......and I have time.
    I still have my group physio appointment and my pre assessment...they told me to keep those appointments even though the op had been put off.

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think that keeping those appointments is a good thing because at least you will be ready even if they are not.

Regarding Christmas, surely what matters is your belief. The essence of faith is there. Simples, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben