A question about feet and circulaton.

Options
Mat48
Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
edited 13. Nov 2013, 06:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry - yet another question from me!

I'm off Prednisolone today and have been aware over the past week that strange discolouration is taking place in my feet/ toes as well as much of the pain being concentrated in my feet, achilles tendons, shins and calves now. As some of you know I've had four months of strange numb icy cold wet sensation in my legs. More recently my toes have been bright white by the time I get in the shower at night. Now I'm noticing that my toes seem to be changing shape a little (drifting like my fingers have a bit) and little purple bruises have appeared on some of my toes now. My feet also seem to be darkening a bit since the summer.

I'm probably just being paranoid and have a GP apt on Monday to have bloods done prior to my rheumy appointment a week on Thursday. Could this be a circulation issue that needs addressing more urgently or am I just getting unnecessarily preoccupied because they hurt so much?
If you get lemons, make lemonade

Comments

• Mat48
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    PS I've discovered that what appeared to be discolouration was actually the shadows of newly formed hard subcutaneous nodules on my toes. I'm guessing this is part of the flare I'm having now off Pred. Sorry though I can't delete the question now!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I'm glad you've resolved the problem. I wouldn't even know what constitutes 'normal' for a foot other than 'nothing like mine' :lol: Hope the pred reduction is going OK :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Mat48
    Options
    Well I think yesterday's flare was the result of coming off Pred a few days sooner than I'd planned so I only had one day of 1mg and then yesterday came off by default. Spent the night dealing with pain in feet plus a really sore tummy and then finally went to sleep at 6am and woke at 9am - still with a sore tummy - so I decided not to bother with the 1mg at all and yesterday was hellishly painful as a result.

But today, after a very good night (drugs!) I feel I can cope with the stuff life throws at me much better again. So if I just take sleeping pills a few times a week I hope I can manage to stay sane and cope with pain in feet and legs plus general ache until I'm back on RA drugs again. Sleep deprivation has been the worst thing about the past four months to my mind - sends me crazy! x