Excessive saliva mystery solved!

Options
Megrose489
Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
edited 15. Nov 2013, 11:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everybody. I'm sorry that I haven't posted on here for a while, but I am still around, even though I've had a few different health issues. :D

Some of you may remember that a few months ago I was worried about excess saliva after a cortisone injection and wondered if it was some sort of reaction. Well, I've found out the cause and it was nothing to do with my OA at all. My GP diagnosed me with Laryngopharyngeal Reflux this week and, lo and behold, one of the symptoms is excessive saliva! So, I've obviously had symptoms for a while.

I've also got to have eye surgery in the near future, which I'm not really looking forward to.

On the plus side, my OA seems to be behaving itself and my hands and knees are not as painful as they have been.

Best wishes to you all.

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi!

Glad you had a mystery solved. It's always reassuring to know what is causing our problems.

Best wishes for treatment, and for your eye surgery. Hope all goes well.
    :)
    Anna
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's lovely to hear from you again. I am so pleased you have found the answer to the saliva issue - I know it can be very tempting to blame everything that happens to us on the arthritis but other issues will crop up which are not related. I hope that this can be sorted for you without too much trouble and I wish you well with the eye surgery. There is something troubling about people getting too close to our eyes but I know that the outcomes can make the 'trouble' very worthwhile. Good luck and please let us know how you get on, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I think that's good news though obviously you now have another medical condition to chuck into the mix :roll: However, if it can be easily dealt with that's the main thing. I'm glad the OA is keeping relatively quiet and I hope the eye surgery goes well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Meg its good to hear from you..
    And good to see they have got to the bottom of what was going on....good luck with your eye surgery ..let us know when you are going in then we can do pocket duties....and I am so glad the OA is behaving xx
    Love
    Barbara