ATOS - Tax Avoidance!!!!!

Options
purpleowl
purpleowl Member Posts: 231
edited 15. Nov 2013, 11:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Guys,

I thought this was very interesting;

'Two of the biggest government contractors, G4S and Atos Healthcare, have paid zero corporation tax in the past year. Atos is responsible for kicking sick and disabled people off benefits and G4S runs everything from prisons to immigration centres.

The two companies together have over £2 billion of contracts paid for by us -- the taxpayer. Yet both these companies think it’s totally fine to avoid paying taxes themselves. It is nothing short of outrageous. These companies are frankly taking the proverbial out of the British taxpayer, and need to be brought to book.' :o

Am I shocked or surprised ...................

Trish xx

Comments

• elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Trish

So, shock horror, gasp! G4S and Atos don't pay the amount of tax they should do? Do the government know about it (yes, more than likely), will they address this issue promptly (um, probably not)...
    If it wasn't such a serious subject it would be laughable....Almost as laughable as the new benefit for new mums to encourage them to breastfeed? Its more than just the big juicy carrot being dangled at the ones who would probably concieve just to get this and how do they prove they are breastfeeding too?

Elainexx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    So ATOS and G4S join Facebook, Npower, Vodaphone and Starbucks in the Hall of Shame.

I'm with Margaret Hodge MP 'Everyone has a duty to pay their fair share in tax, but there is something particularly galling about the idea of a company who gets its income from the public purse not putting its rightful contribution back in.'
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thanks Trish..this is disgusting but expected..if you work hard for a living they chase you for tax... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara