Scent for a Teenage Boy

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 25. Nov 2013, 06:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

I am cutting back on christmas presents this year but as my sister's youngest who still lives at home and has autism has his birthday on 31 december also I thought it might be nice to get him a grown up present that can combine christmas and birthday s thougt about getting him aftershave? He does enjoy his showers and looking after his skin so think it would be good but unsure what to get him?
Any suggestions would be welcome ta..

Elainexx

Comments

• suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Calvin Kle**n, Eternity Aqua is a nice light fragrance for a lad. I bought this for my son along with Vers**ce blue jeans, Tommy by Tommy H***figer and La****te blue. The elder lad has Armani Code, Armani Gold and some **** shock. Quite a selection actually. B**ts usually has reductions and offers on them at this time of year and all round actually, good way to buy. On line companies such as cheapsmells.com are excellent with free p & p.

Not sure if this will be allowed all those brands in it!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Difficult. I recently asked my partner to buy our teenage boys some deodrant and he came home with some ghastly smelling stuff then told me he had no idea what to buy.

Autistic children are very highly tuned and may object to anything too strong or different so I'm wondering if he has a current favourite. The stuff targeted at boys is so strong.

My favourite male scent is Bvlgari Aqua, which I buy for the OH.Its quite sweet and Much nicer than that horrible JPGaultier stuff he used to wear when we met. But it is all down to personal taste really so you might need to sneak a look at his shower room.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Avo* sell some nice fragrances for men and boys..and not expensive...
    Love
    Barbara
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Joop is pretty nice ,quite sweet not all musky and peppery like so many mens products , some nice boxed sets on line .....try cheap smells .. or Amazon ,Good luck Elaine :):)
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    My grandson goes for Paco Raban (sp?), my son goes for smells I can't afford so can't help there.

Hope you find something suitable for him x
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Thank to everyone for their suggestions. I suppose I should sound out, ask my sister if that would be a good idea or not? The thing is even spending about 17.00 plus is still going to put me out of pocket......I don't know now whether or not to just get a shower set for him...Really trying to economise and with car tax due in december too its a struggle...

Elainexx
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    I would think shower stuff would go down well Elaine, boys seem to spend a looonnng time in the bathroom, they can rival some girls too!!
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Numpty

Yes think so because he is quite liberal with his shower gel too so something in a pack that maybe gives him an option to put on some spalsh lotion might be an idea. No point on forking out for him if he won't like it, but he uses well known cosmetic catalogue products his mum buys...

Elainexx

[Accidental double post deleted :) Mod B]
  • BluesWalk
    BluesWalk Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Has to be jean Paul gautier. My fav aftershave and altho i have tried different aftershaves i always go back. Nothing says modern gentleman like it!
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Thanks Blues

But that's way out of my price market and specially not for a teenager!

Elainexx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Blueswalk I've got a few spare bottles if you want them :lol: People kept bringing them back from Spain for my OH until he finally told them he doesn't wear it anymore.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Younger men do not need to shave often, every few days at first, some other smelly may get more use?

Modern youngsters seem to prefer sweeter scents?
  • Mormodook
    Mormodook Member Posts: 130
    Options
    I was in d******s and asked the lady at the aftershave desk that exact question the other day. She recommended one called *** which I bought on her advice . £25 I think . :)

Edited by Moderator due to links with advertising/recommenations

Moderator Jk
  • AvadaKedavra
    AvadaKedavra Member Posts: 33
    Options
    I like cool water and farenheit.
    "The pioneers of a warless world are the young men (and women) who refuse military service." - Albert Einstein
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Airwave

Thinking now a shower wash set as he uses lots of that...

Thanks for suggestion!

Elainexx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Mormodook

Thanks think when he get to be in his 20's that imight be applicable its just he is grown up but he's not! He is at in between stage....

Elainexx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Ava

Me dad has tonnes maybe should pinch one of his! Used to like a.....i

Elainexx