zomorph

Options
destiny0321
destiny0321 Member Posts: 88
edited 24. Nov 2013, 15:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
was at drs the other week as in so much pain what with arms & shoulders being bad now keep waking up early mornings so dr took me off dicanole & put me on 10mgs of zomorph but hardly touched me so now on 10mg zomorph in the morning & 20mgs of zomorph at night then go back in 6 weeks so far touch wood no side affects not doing to bad but make you very sleepy destiny

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm not surprised it makes you sleepy, destiny. It's quite a heavy duty med. I've never done any of the morphine-based ones except after an op so can't offer any advice. I hope it works quickly and you can then get off it again. (I've never heard of dicanole.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I agree with Sticky, that is one of the stronger ones and the dopiness is the outcome - you are taken away from the pain rather than vice-versa. Please take care when you are doing things because your attention may not be fully engaged. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Welcome to the dopey med club!! Any drug with morphine in the will make you feel dopey like you have had a few drinks or not enough sleep! Because I'm on a fairly high dose of M.S.T (slow relief morphine ) my brain feels stewed! I'm always forgetting things and feel tired all the time. To be honest with you I'm sort of used to it now!!
  • destiny0321
    destiny0321 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    thank you all for replies laughed at the last reply yes i am definatly in the dopey club trying to write this and made lots of mistakes so had to keep retyping dr said when this stops working it will be morphine patches.
    hope everyone all ok if your going through a bad patch at moment like me keep chin up & keep smiling there is always someone worse than us. destiny