Blue Knuckles

Options
pringle
pringle Member Posts: 17
edited 20. Nov 2013, 09:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone had there knuckles go blue on both hands I do have O/ A as well as Reynard's but this is different my hands are not cold and my fingers don't go white I also have Fibro and Mps . don't know if this is being caused by any of the condition :roll:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry Pringle I don't know what is causing this - has it happened before? If your GP doesn't know I would let her/him know incase it's important.

Hopefully someone else will be along soon who has this experience :?

Love

Toni xxx
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Hi;

Something is causing the blood in your hands not to arrive fully oxygenated, it's called cyanosis. Since you have Raynaud's, it's likely that (I have it too). It can be triggered by things other than cold. Low blood sugar or stress can be triggers. Does the blue color come and go, or stay? Is this a new symptom?

It might be worth talking to your doctor if your knuckles are staying blue for long periods.

Best wishes,
    Anna
  • pringle
    pringle Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you for your replies

At the moment I have a lot of stress . we are selling our house to move to Wales there is no chain involved but the amount of time this has been going we accepted the offer in late July and we are just about coming up to the end our buyer released the deposit on Monday it seems now that our solicitor is dragging her heels so I suppose that being up tight all the time doe's not help
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I would have constant Raynaud's attacks if those events were happening in my life :) . There are medications to help reduce the severity. You could ask your GP? I know it's not a good idea to ignore it.