Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thank you DD, I appreciate your support :areindeer:
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Hi Anna - I'm 100% with DD on this. It's not easy to qualify for disability these days so therefore your suffering has been recognised by officialdom. No mean achievement and you deserve to be treated accordingly - i.e with gentleness and respect. I don't think pushing someone to do exercise in your circs is actually in accordance with this?

I am one of those fortunate enough to be able to exercise most days (gentle yoga, easier muscle stuff and sometimes when I'm really on a roll - some zumba in the privacy of my heavily carpeted living room :xmas_redface: ).

When I first started I would pay a big price for it every time but I learned to build up very, very slowly and got to where I am today over two years. Sometimes I push myself too hard - last Sunday I did zumba and following a shower afterwards I almost keeled over, slumped into bed in pain everywhere and ended up back at the GPs the next morning with hives raging, scalp itching and every joint aching and stiff. Not clever and not necessary either but sometimes we all just fight ourselves and want to prove something to ourselves and to others. It sounds as if that's where you've been and I think you need to cut yourself some serious slack now. XX
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Thanks, Mat. Yes, I do remember the consequences of overdoing things. I haven't been able to do much of anything at all since about last December.

I seem to be worsening again now as I wasn't able to complete much of anything yesterday or today, and I'm completely stiffened up, no appetite and taking my full doses of pain meds again. This happens randomly too, so maybe I was going to flare-up again anyway. I'm going to try my exercises every other day and see how that goes :idea: .

I go back to my GP this week, so maybe she will be convinced now that pushing through the fatigue is a failed experiment. At least I can say I stuck with it. That at least feels good.
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    I really hope your GP is sympathetic and in some way effective too. Mat x
    If you get lemons, make lemonade