Lady things

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 21. Nov 2013, 04:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Have had a letter to go for a mammogram ,after my last one I thought that would be it but on reading the literature I'm can still have them every three years till I'm in my 70s ,I've no problem with that but after my last smear test I was told by practice nurse that would be my last one but now I am on humira would I qualify to continue having them,what do you all think ? I will ask GP when I next have to see her. Mig

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don't know if humira makes a difference, mig, but I had my last smear test (Yippee :D ) some time back. I still have the regular breast screening though.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think that mammos are somewhat different to smears in their essential nature. Once the hormones are 'done' then the latter changes in nature whereas for the former the potential threat can be ongoing - and the humira could be a factor in that. I am not a doc (I think we all know that by now :wink:) but this could be something to chat over with your GP. If I was you I would but only when you next see him / her. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    I haven't had a mamogram yet (dread dread!) but was told they are every three years once over the age of 50 where I live. I think DD's right and it may be the other way round with Pap smears - unless you've had problems previously - the risk dies away for various reasons I won't go into here :oops: I don't take Humira so I can't advise.
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I cant help you mig, I know I should have had my last one last year, but there was slight abnormalities so am having them every six months at the moment, best to talk it over with your GP...................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles