DLA Renewal ?

Options
lazicat
lazicat Member Posts: 177
edited 23. Nov 2013, 09:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have received a form from DWP to renew my DLA as it runs out in January.
I had a THR July 2012 and have ongoing problems with my other hip and lower spine causing alot of pain and mobility problems.
I had a Steriod injection in my hip 2 weeks ago , which at the moment seems to be helping , and I have to go back to see my Surgeon on 17th Dec to decide what to do next . depending on outcome of this treatment. I know I will eventually be having another THR , it may be that Im put on the waiting list at my next appointment or dependending on success of steriod injection they may try to delay another operation for a while as Im only 51 years old and considered young for THR . The thing is these injections vary so much , so dont know how long it might help , if it wears off I will be back to square one with the pain and mobility and if I have it done again it may not work at all.
I just dont know what to right on my form. Can anyone help ?

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    This is an hard one...these injection have not worked for me,but like you say they do for some but you never know for how long...I would write this down and that you are waiting to have another THR.....good luck with it all
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    It is, indeed, a tough one, lazicat. I've no recent experience of DLA. My policy, with any benefit, has always been to tell the truth even if the truth is complicated. You may know more after you've seen your consultant. Can you delay the form-filling until after that?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    For me it was easier to download a form and save it. I then did a little work on it each day. However Iam well able to do forms. Without knowing you Iwould advise you to seek help from CAB or similar org. As they know the most affective jargon.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    As you fill the DLA form in you should find a section for ongoing treatment and you can explain everything there. I think they ask you for future appointments where you can put the date of your next appointment. If they contact your consultant he will let them know of your on going treatment. It did take my OH & myself 2 days to fill the whole form in, you do need to take breaks from doing it as it drives you mad doing it!! Good luck with filling the forms in! Hope this may help you a little!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    It is a tricky one lazycat, I have taken forms in the past to CAB and they have given me advice and even filled in the forms for me. Good luck............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles