A few questions :) DLA and Physio.

Options
sailrib
sailrib Member Posts: 327
edited 23. Nov 2013, 07:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
I got my renewal to renew my DLA and its comes through as DLA forms and letter rather then PIP so I assume I'm applying for DLA again. Can anyone recommend a professional person to help me fill it in as it's been 10 years since my last claim. Thank you.

Has anyone ever had physio for balance problems as a result of true fusions in both feet, your balance has been severely affected? While I had one foot fused, it was no where as bad as it is now and now I'm falling over all the time in which on a few occasions, I have nearly fallen down the stairs. I wasn't expecting to be falling over regularly throughout the day and not been able to stop myself. Thank you.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The falling over sounds nasty and scary, sailrib. My own ankles, and several bones in the feet, have fused themselves and, because of that, I have to be very careful when going downhill. I gather speed as I go :lol: However, normal walking is OK. Do you wear surgical shoes? I do. That might help.

I can only suggest CAB as an aid to form-filling. I believe others have used them though not me.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Hi, I have balance problems and am always falling. Due to other symptoms my ENT referred me to a balance clinic and they were brilliant. I am being referred for physio to help my balance after seeing the consultant. So I would speak to your gp, I am sure physio would be able to help.

Also OT can help with the falls, as they offer suggestion and advice for round the home to help you minimise falls. I found them very good.

Take care, especially on the stairs.
  • brandy192
    brandy192 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi I contacted my local DIAL office they have benefits advisors there who will help with filling the forms in and they photocopy everything and set up a file for you in case you need to appeal. I found them really helpful.