Zero gravity exercise / pain relief

Options
Mormodook
Mormodook Member Posts: 130
edited 24. Nov 2013, 15:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Wouldn't it be good to exercise in some sort of zero gravity facility ? I've been watching these you tube clips of an astronaut called Chris Hadfield (so fascinating !!!) and it got me thinking ! Even sleeping in zero gravity as a pain relief ! Is this just utterly silly or does anyone else think this would be a good idea? I'm certainly not getting blasted in to space though but I'd love to do some pain free floating ! :D

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That sounds a great idea
    To feel light as a feather able to move without restrictions
    Sounds wonderful
    Maria
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    That's why swimming is recommended, Mormodook. The body is supported by the water while the limbs do their stuff. I'd guess though that, as with swimming, you'd still feel the after-effects if you did too much .
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    You could always go in one of those free fall training units where a firkin big fan blows upwards so you float on air looks great not sure how much it costs though I'd have thought swimming would be a lot cheaper!.
  • Mormodook
    Mormodook Member Posts: 130
    Options
    I think I will be stick with the swimming for now as I dont fancy being blown up by a big hairdryer thingy :shock: ! But wouldn't it be much more fun to float around in zero gravity . I do agree that it would still hurt if you did too much floating :?
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Non-weight bearing exercise, a simple answer to keep our soft tissues conditioned even though we have arther bearing down on us.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    At my local swimming pool, they do this class where you stand in giant inflatable balls and walk across the swimming pool. Might that work?! :D