Cramps???

Options
Foxmyster
Foxmyster Member Posts: 19
edited 25. Nov 2013, 09:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've had 3 keyhole opps on my right knee and have massive muscle wastage I'm going to see a knee surgeon on Monday to find out if I need TKR but for the last year or so I've had terrible cramps in my right leg does anyone no if this is related?? Thanks.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have no idea if cramp is related or not to knee troubles but I too go through periods of cramp, usually caused by my not moving enough during sleep (if I need to turn over or adjust my position I have to wake up to do so). I sort it by eating plain crisps (I don't like salt as a condiment), a couple of bananas for their potassium and I swig proper tonic water for its quinine value. I find this sorts things out for a goodly stretch of time but we are all different. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I've never had cramps despite 3 TKRs. In fact I don't have massive muscle wastage either though I never had massive muscles in the first place :lol: I do my quad exercises daily though. Have you tried them? If you might need a TKR you should, as it'll make a big difference post-op.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I am sorry I cant tell you if it is related or not but I get cramps in my right foot and calf which I put down to my neurological condition. I keep a supply of tonic water as DD suggested, not all tonic has quinine in and if you are diet conscious the diet one works for me as well, hope you get some relief soon.................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I had cramps all the time but when I went to orthotics at my local hospital about my ankle she said it was because of the different size in the leg lengths after my THR, gave me a raised sole thing and I haven't had them since.

This may not be the reason why you get them but just thought I'd let you know.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein