Cuts to work related groups mooted PIP/DLA

Options

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don't know what disabled people are supposed to do, if we can't work we can't work! Why push us until we have a nervous breakdown!! Then what?! Ian Duncan Smith needs a reality check!!!
  • AvadaKedavra
    AvadaKedavra Member Posts: 33
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    bubbadog wrote:
    I don't know what disabled people are supposed to do, if we can't work we can't work! Why push us until we have a nervous breakdown!! Then what?! Ian Duncan Smith needs a reality check!!!

The whole political system is corrupted, and that is why we have politicians like this. Pushing the most vulnerable in society, there are plenty of people who can work but do not, some physically cannot. Some have mental problems which equally stops them. But hey, let's not bother cutting them some slack, helping them or empathizing with them. Let's be a government that has the attitude 'let's go and get blood out of that stone'.

The bedroom tax was a shambles too, not least because it was all but forcing people from their homes, some of which were disabled and had a spare room for family members who visited to help, and or equipment to aid them. But, the government will always cut costs. They do not care where from, as long as it's not from their own pockets, so long as they get their expenses etc...

I feel terrible for disabled people who just want to get on with their lives, most who I know live a modest life on small budgets. Of course, their budgets are increasingly being restricted further by government and other factors, such as utility costs etc. That however is a debate in its self.
    "The pioneers of a warless world are the young men (and women) who refuse military service." - Albert Einstein