Hi all im a newbie :)

Options
xxvcxx
xxvcxx Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2013, 03:09 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone!

Im a 34 year old female & very new 2 all this. Following months of pain in my hands, wrist & feet my GP is almost certain i have RA & i have my 1st appointment with a rheumatoligist next wed. :shock:

What should i expect? I was taking Naproxen for the pain but wasnt helping much so iv been given diclofenac to try.

xx

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

Welcome to the forums, as it is OA I have I can't advise you, if you repost this on Living With Arthritis you will get a better response as a lot of people don't come on here. Lovely to meet you hope to see you around................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • xxvcxx
    xxvcxx Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks Marie x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Hi there and welcome from me too. I do have RA but no way can I remember back to my first rheumatology appointment and, in any case, it'll have changed beyond recognition now :lol:

Marie's right. Try re-posting on the Living With Arthritis forum. I'm sure you'll get plenty of replies :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the forum..arthritis is such a complex thing has I found out when I joined this forum..I do wish you well with your appointment..I always say make sure you take a list of anything you think may be relevant...pain swellings rashes..good luck I hope you get some answers
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hellooo Hellooo :)

Very pleased to meet you.

They will do bloods again usually a physical exam of joints take history and maybe Xrays usually a chest one and maybe hands???

ake sure you ive the history fully not forgetting 'odd' symptoms like maybe exhaustion/high temp etc

Love

Toni xxx