Ahoy hoy!

Options
jen0071313
jen0071313 Member Posts: 10
edited 28. Nov 2013, 03:13 in Say Hello Archive
Hello,

I'm Jen. 25 year old and long term pain suffer of yonder knees.

Came on here looking for help as I've never been given an official diagnosis of RA, but GP has said I most likely have it due to symptoms and family history.

Jx

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jen

Very pleased to meet you, this is a great forum although no one here are doctors there is a vast abundance of knowledge, I have OA so can't really help with your RA questions, but, I can offer plenty of support and sympathy. If there is anything you want to ask post on Living With Arthritis where most people hang around there is also chit-chat where we have a laugh and have general topics. It is lovely to meet you hope to see you around.............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hello Jen and welcome from me too. If your GP thinks you might have RA he really ought to refer you to a rheumatologist. Only they can prescribe the meds you need. Please ask for a referral and let us know how you get on.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Jen and a warm welcome from me..
    You will get lots of info and support on the forum ...and look forward to seeing you posting more..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I like the Ahoy hoy! (very Montgomery Burns :wink: ) It is lovely to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. Given that RA appears to run in your family then yes, your GP should be referring you to a rheumatologist ASAP. GPs know a little about a lot but rheumos know a lot about a little. I have another version of auto-immune arthritis (psoriatic) plus OA and fibro - from my view the sooner you get the help the better the results / outcome can be for you. Please let us know how you get on, yes? I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Ahoy there Jen from me too :)

Welcome to our forums. I hope you will find them as supportive as I have over the years

Love

Toni xx