Hello everyone i am new

Options
rosieposie
rosieposie Member Posts: 9
edited 28. Nov 2013, 09:14 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone i am new to the site, i am 65 and female with moderate to severe degenerative arthritis of the Hips.
I find walking difficult and use a crutch or sometimes 2 depending how sore i am .
Im on Co-Codamol and Naproxen, I had a steroid injection for bursitis last January which cured that , an x ray showed mild arthritis but Orthopaedic surgeon gave me a steroid injection into my groin which did not help , he then sent me for MRI because of the amount of pain i was having.
I seen him again for the results and he was surprised at MRI result because it shows moderate to severe damage to hip joints same on both hips but the right one is very sore Im to go back in February when he will try another steroid injection in my right hip if my symptoms return. I have not lost the symptoms wish i could loose them , cant seem to sleep at nights for long wake up boiling with aches all over my shoulders neck arms legs and the hips. just dont feel well. Glad to join this site

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you but I am so sorry you have had to find us. I have two kinds of arthritis, an auto-immune plus osteo (which between them affect around 37 major joints) and was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Currently I am confronting a house move and panicking somewhat. :wink:

The forum is a good place to be, the audience is both informed and receptive and very good at offering support and encouragement. I am very tired and off to bed soon but I look forward to seeing your name here and there around the boards. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hello Rosieposie

Lovely to meet you :) I like your username too :)

Sorry to hear about the OA - you do sound to be suffering badly :( I hope you will find this forum as supportive as I have over the years and lok forward to seeing you posting

Love

Toni xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Hello from me, too, rosieposie. I'm sorry your hips (and other bits) are causing so much trouble. Steroid jabs only work for some. They did for me and were lovely while they lasted but are not a long-term solution. Indeed, the only long-term solution is a replacement joint.

I've had both hips replaced (and both knees) but that's because my OA was a result of many years of RA.

Not sleeping is a problem. We can cope with a lot of rubbish during the day if we can just sleep at night. I always take some co-codamol going to bed and, if things are really bad, I try to space out the meds so that I can take another dose if I wake up in the night in a lot of pain. Would that be an option for you?

The aches elsewhere might be partly to do with using the crutches. Have you been given exercises to help both the hips and also the shoulders etc? If not, why not ask to be referred to a physio? They do help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • rosieposie
    rosieposie Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you for your welcome and tips which i will try x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello rosieposie..I am not far behind you at 63..I have OA in both hips and a few other places...I had my left hip replaced 4 months ago now..like you I had all the steroid injections but none of them work for me..my new hip is brilliant...and I will be having my other one done in the new year.
    Has for the not sleeping I would go and see your GP for something to help.
    I look forward to seeing you around the forum..any questions put them in Living with arthritis x
    Love
    Barbara