I'm new

Options
pooty
pooty Member Posts: 6
edited 8. Dec 2013, 14:32 in Say Hello Archive
Hello fellow creakies :D my names is Marcia I'm 57 had RA for about 40 years. Have just been diagnosed with OA in my right hip so am waiting for a hip replacement as it quite bad. Not happy that I'm hobbling all over the place now but hey ho wont be for too long I hope. Looking forward to having a good look around the forums, hope fully Ithey will cheer me up when I'm having a rough day :D xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello pooty and welcome. I have RA too and have a full house of replacement hips and knees. They are brilliant and I hope yours will be too.

Please join in anywhere you like. We are a friendly lot and newbies are always welcome. I hope to see you around :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello pooty, it's lovely to meet you and I am sure we can help with support and encouragement. I have psoriatic arthritis, osteo and now fibromyalgia which is all very jolly. :wink: I need new knees but still have a little while to wait - as a result my right hip is creaking. :( There are quite a few 'hippies' on here, barbara12 had her first hip done earlier this year and she has coped incredibly well (she delayed for years due to fear and no wonder) but she came through in fine style. Please look in on the Living with Arthritis board on here, that is where we deal with the meds, the ops, the doctors, the challenges plus the highs and lows of dealing with arthritis. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello pooty
    Sorry I am late seeing this..its lovely to have you on board..I am sure you will find the forum helpful..and we do love to have a laugh has you will see...
    Love
    Barbara
  • pooty
    Options
    Thankyou everyone. Im looking and watching everything I can about hip replacement. Watched a hip replacement operation on you tube!!! So at least I've got an idea what I'm in for :shock: :shock: :o
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Be careful with the internet. Stick to tried and tested sites such as this one, NHS etc as there's a lot of inaccurate stuff out there. Have you seen Arthritis Care's booklet on 'Surgery'? That might help. (Publications and resources button near the top of the page :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • pooty
    Options
    Thanks stickywicket. Im just trying to get myself prepared. Just had to watch the operation !!! To see how gorey it was lol x :D
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Sorry for the tardy welcome from me Pooty, but hello :xmas_cheesygrin:

If support and understanding as well as a few laughs is what you're after - you have come to the right place :)

I look forward to seeing your posts

Love

Toni xxx