benefits

Options
milly1960
milly1960 Member Posts: 2
edited 1. Dec 2013, 19:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi...have osteoarthritis in my hands, wrists, elbows, feet and think in my neck too. Have been in lots of pain last month and have not been able to work, this is my third bout of sickness this year, I work on the checkouts at a supermarket but find the repetetive job is making my hands worse. Have been told a supermarket is not the best of places to be working with this condition, my head says return to work but my hands, fingers and thumbs say no!!! Feeling I cannot return but like everyone else am very concerned because of the financial side of it all. Does anyone know if I would be entitled to any benefits with this condition.

Many thanks

Pam

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Maybe you could try here. www.yourworkhealth.com
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Pam,

I can sympathise with your problems, as can many of us on the forum. Each case has to be taken on its own circumstance, what affects someone a little, can be debilitating for another. Always worth talking to your supervisor and or human resource department. They will be able to advise with regard different working areas, medical checks, etc. Have a look at the link https://www.gov.uk/benefits-adviser this will give you a broad idea about benefits etc.
    Hopefully your work place can help you in the first instance. Take care, xx Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).