Has Anyone got any Idea's please!!!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 5. Dec 2013, 07:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hey Guys, I've been going crazy since Sunday, my whole body can't stop itching!! From my head to my toes, it feels like something is crawling under my skin! I haven't really got any rashes or spots. My OH got me taking antihistamines they seemed to ease it yesterday but today the itching is twice as bad!! A G.P from the Dr's is calling me this Afternoon.
I was at the Dr's on Friday and the only med that was changed was my Propanonol which was raised by 5mg and we have checked on the side effects and it says nothing about itching. On Friday we also went to a Pop concert in the evening. Other than that I've been at home.
So if anyone has any idea what could be causing my body to be itching like this I would be very grateful if you could let me know please!!!

Comments

• suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have no idea Amanda, sorry. Keep cool and carry on with the antihistamines. Calamine lotion may soothe things? Sounds miserable.
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Hi,

I live with this daily. Mine is a combination of Psoriasis but also just another pleasure of fibromyalgia :roll:
    I use a 24hour acting antihistamine (Loratidine) & also one that I can take 4-6 hourly (Piriton). It's like ants crawling all over me, it drives me nuts so you have my sympathies!!!

I'm prescribed both of the antihistamines so my GP does check there are no contra- indicated medications, I'd advise you check with ures too, they may even find you have a different cause!!

Showers can help me by the way, it doesn't help for long but it's a restbit.

Good luck.

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Hi Bubba;

Sorry, itchy skin is terrible. You could try oatmeal bath soak; I get the one for babies. This happens to me every once in a while and I never find the cause. I put it down to my psoriasis, now I know I have it.

Take care & hope your GP is helpful.

Anna
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello bubba sorry I cant help, but if I was you I wouldn't leave it long before you go back and see your GP..please let us know how you get on x
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Thank you evryone, I saw a Dr yesterday afternoon in an emergency clinic. He's not 100% on what it is but thinks it could be I'm allergic to the capsule casing of the new propananol med. So he said to go back to the old tablet version and see if that helps. He's given me a strong anti-histamine tablet and this lotion that looks like calamine lotion but leaves a see through film on my skin. It's funny that the OH has to put it on from my head to my toes! Luckily it's only twice a day doing it! If I have no change by the end of the week I need to go back to the Dr's and look at another cause to it. It is depressingly horrible and Debbie I really feel for you as I couldn't live with it day after day! I would go insane! It does feel like ants crawling all over you! Sadly I can't have a bath as I could not get in or out and that sounds perfect at the moment! I have a chair in our walk in shower.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh bubba I hope the can give you something to relieve that itching...I can only imagine how bad it is...I see you tried the antihistamines..the strong ones are very good so fingers crossed for you..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope you get some relief soon Bubba................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon Bubba itching is awful I can relate with my psoriasis X
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • DebbieT
    Options
    Hi,

I haven't been able to use a bath for ages, years, I really miss a long soak too :(
    Luckily I find sitting on the stool under the shower in the wetroom is good enough for some relief :) It does drive me potty I must admit & it REALLY annoys me wen people tell me not to scratch but unless they suffer the itching on top of itching they haven't a clue!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Drs first instinct is correct so that it'll all calm down for you soon.

Good luck.
    Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, I started having a coughing fit yesterday afternoon and had a sore throat and at 2am this morning woke myself having a coughing fit and was wheezing when I breathed. So now on top of having itching, Arthur & Osteoporosis I have to deal with a nasty cough and sore throat! What more can I juggle!! :shock:
  • DebbieT
    Options
    Oh bubba, I'm so sorry!! :(

I'm on Ciclosporin so have virtually no immune system & I too started yesterday with a severe head cold & a chest infection, kindly passed on by my 3yr old Grandson :?

Its the last thing we need in this awful weather isn't it?! I do hope you can see ure GP asap for antibiotics, if needed & that you make a swift recovery!!

Big (((( ))))

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x