Anyone purchasing the new drug free arthritis gel?

Options
kathbee
kathbee Member Posts: 934
edited 6. Dec 2013, 16:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
According to this week's newspapers, there is a new gel for osteoarthritis sufferers, its called Flexiseq (is it allowed to disclose the name - I dont know)
and its made from millions of fat particles that penetrate and lubricate the joint.

Experts are saying it is a wonder gel as its drug free without side effects.

On sale for around £17.00 which is around 2 week's worth.

Will you be giving it a go?
Kath

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I won't but I think that others on here have, the name rings a bell. I suspect it will be like the other drug-free remedies (and the drug-based ones as well) i.e some relief for a limited time but sometimes that all you need, yes? You won't know until you try and I hope it helps. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Teapot
    Teapot Member Posts: 271
    Options
    I hope this works for you but unfortunately it did nothing for me at all. I was desperate when I had my recent very bad flare and paid the £17. Good luck I am sure it will work for some.
  • kathbee
    Options
    I hadn't said I was trying it,
    my pain is of the RA kind
    although I do have OA
    just wondered what the general feeling about these wonder treatments were, and if anyone has tried it what happened.
    Kath
  • sturge8
    sturge8 Member Posts: 164
    Options
    I've tried it too and it didn't work for me either.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I've a feeling 'kentishlady' tried it but wasn't over-enthused.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kathbee
    Options
    Thanks, that's interesting
    My sister in law is going to get some for her knees.

Seems it's not as new as I thought.
    Kath
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Yes, I did try it and was not very impressed, though like everything else, it might work for some people. It is not cheap and it is a very tiny tube. I find Pernaton works much better for me though, like most gels, only gives a limited amount of temporary relief. It's also a larger tube and not so expensive either and you don't need to use much. Not all pharmacies sell it but you can get it from A....n. If you order 2 tubes you can also get free postage which, as we all know, 'every little helps'!!

Beryl
  • kathbee
    Options
    Thanks for info Beryl, will pass it on to my SIL.
    Kath
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Please accept my apologies, Kathbee, I mis-interpreted your original post. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kathbee
    Options
    Hey no probs D D
    My S I L has gone and bought a tube at a cost of twenty quid and has high hopes after reading the press reports.
    I didn't have the heart to warn her that it hasn't worked for our buddies on here.
    Let's see what she has to report about it.
    Kath
  • kentishlady
    Options
    Hope it works for her. Another point I should have made is, that unless they have now increased the size of the tube, if you were to put the recommended amount on the number of times they state, it might last about 3 or 4 days!

Beryl
  • kathbee
    Options
    Hope it works for her. Another point I should have made is, that unless they have now increased the size of the tube, if you were to put the recommended amount on the number of times they state, it might last about 3 or 4 days!

Beryl

Oh no Beryl
    My SIL is lets say, a very large lady with knees to match, I arent being nasty she says so herself and she said the packaging states use twice daily.

:roll:

Kath
  • kentishlady
    Options
    I do hope it works for her. I think it may be more effective for joints (my main problem is my back), although I do have a dodgy knee and shoulder too and I didn't find it helped them much either. Like most of us, I haven't managed to find anything that really stops the pain but find that the Pernaton gel does help a little for a very short while. I think if anyone ever does come up with something that really alleviates OA pain, he/she/they will become very rich!!!

Beryl
  • kathbee
    Options
    I do hope it works for her. I think it may be more effective for joints (my main problem is my back), although I do have a dodgy knee and shoulder too and I didn't find it helped them much either. Like most of us, I haven't managed to find anything that really stops the pain but find that the Pernaton gel does help a little for a very short while. I think if anyone ever does come up with something that really alleviates OA pain, he/she/they will become very rich!!!

Beryl

You are right there Beryl, very rich indeed.
    Kath