The demise of the Clatterator.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 9. Dec 2013, 11:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Yup, 'tis gone. My first four-wheeled-walker-complete-with-seat is no more, it is a dead rollator. :wink:

Seriously, the Clat was becoming more difficult (and painful) work in terms of its propelling (the ghastly vibrations that ensued were not good) so yer one here set to work on t'interweb (and local research) to find a better machine. I think I have. I hope so because I bought it.

It has bigger wheels (which are rubber rather than plastic) and overall a larger frame, the brake leads are concealed within its framework, it folds from side-to-side rather than back-to-front, the basket ain't as strong but it has reflectors on various spots (which is helpful when I am taking part in the night-time rallies which happen around here :wink: ) and yes, it feels more sturdy, more robust and generally better suited.

I appreciate that I live in an age where these gadgets are there to help but also resent that, at the grand old age of 54, I need to use them. At least on here the rest of the world marches to my odd beat. DD

:noel:
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    RIP Clatterator. The vibration alone would have done me in. Happy rallying with the new one, DD.

:rudolph:
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    The clatterator is dead , long live the rubberthon .
    Jillyb
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    :shock: Steady on there, jillyb. We have American viewers on here :lol:

I note the time of posting, DD, and assume you were out testing the reflectors in the early hours. Steady on, girl. Don't get carried away (on a rollator :wink: )

I hope you'll make an ideal pairing. May your suspensions always be in sync :noel:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    It sounds like a mostly improved model, that's gona be worth it alone hopefully :areindeer:

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,952
    Options
    Hello DD goodbye clatterator
    I wish you many happy journeys with your new model as it got a horn.
    :D
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your comments, you are kind to take the time to reply. I set out on out my maiden voyage earlier today and what a difference. :D Life is smoother, quieter, easier, completely different to how things used to be. No Joan, no horn but I did see someone yesterday in the shop where I bought the new one - he had a rollator complete with a huge silver bicycle bell! :)

So, the original will be stored in our new garage as a spare and this one, The Strider, will be kept in the back of Beatrice. DD

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    So, the original will be stored in our new garage as a spare and this one, The Strider, will be kept in the back of Beatrice. DD

Could I just point out to any newcomers that Beatrice is DD's new car not a friend :xmas_cheesygrin:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    - he had a rollator complete with a huge silver bicycle bell! :)

Haha, I was just going to say, forget the horn, get a bell!! Sounds to me like you won't miss the clatterator one bit, enjoy yourself!
    Toots x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    :santa: Hope you get as much mileage out of the strider as you got from the clatterator :xmas_cheesygrin: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Welcome to the world and to the forum, the Strider! :xmas_cool: Although, let us all take a moment to mourn the loss of the Clatterator.

• thistlegirl
    thistlegirl Member Posts: 229
    Options
    :candycane: :carolers: :presents1: :hoho: :areindeer: :xmas_cheesygrin: :rudolph: :madnoel: :noel: :xmas_cool: :xmas_cry: :xmas_evil: :xmas_mrgreen: :xmas_redface: :santa:

Just wanted to try out all of the smilies!!!

The strider sounds lovely, glad it is already earning it's keep. Anything to make life easier is a good buy in my book.

Jenny
    :rudolph:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    The Christmas ones this year are good, aren't they? Especially after last year where we had none. I have to say this one :madnoel: is my favourite, it says madnoel but I reckon Santa has had one too many sherries. :wink:

So, The Strider and me are going out with Mr DD to B&Q. He wants a new ladder so he can gain access to our loft space and I need a new base for my Christmas tree. My Santa-themed one broke last year (which meant my tree was propped up by all manner of stupid things) but, if I do get around to putting it up at No. 10, I wish it to be secure. I will try to refrain from buying a new tree but if there is a bargain to be had. . . . . . :xmas_redface: DD
  • rosieposie
    rosieposie Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Enjoy your trip DD :santa:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you, rosieposie, I did. They didn't have what I wanted (and I didn't like any of their artificial trees) so I came home empty-handed but The Strider was excellent. No noise whatsoever, it folds down in a similar fashion to a puschair so it's more compact than the Clat. He still grumbled about it though. :roll:

He bought his ladder so when we got back he vanished into the loft. Shortly after came a rather grumpy call to arms and he spent the next fifteen minutes throwing stuff down to me. I have said I will sort the stuff out for chucking or taking then I might suggest we go to the Plump Feline for some liquid refreshment. He is off work next week (although I daresay work will intrude every now and again) so there is no reason why we shouldn't. Our buyers' surveyor is coming round tomorrow morning at 10 so that is not too early a start. DD
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    Things do seem to be going well :areindeer:
    Whats this about Daisy going? I haven't been online much recently....sorting out 2nd THR etc
    What is Beatrice? :candycane: The same or different?
    Glad you've got the clatterator sorted.....I do know what you mean....I use mine in a shopping centre mostly but the times I use it outside are dreadful......
    Love
    Hileena
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    No noise whatsoever
    Some fun to be had there DD if folks can't hear you coming?
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello Hileena, of course you have been busy and no wonder, yes? Beatrice is a Citroen C3 Picasso so ergo higher, more flexible in her seating and also (virtually) brand new. She is an ex-Motability car and I am one lucky girl to have found her. Thanks to my late Ma (and Pa) I had the necessary funds to buy her (plus the new aid-to-help-walking gizmo) and I appreciate my new levels of physical comfort.

Daffy? I think you are right but currently I lack the 'inspiration' to cause mischief. Life is exhausting in far too many ways. Hey-ho. DD

• hileena111
    Options
    Morning DD
    I don't know how I missed that :xmas_cheesygrin:

Anyway I'll be interested to know how you get on with both.....in particular Beatrice......there were a few of us on here attached to our Micra's It was the compensation form my ankle injury that allowed me to change my car
    Oh well......pre-assessment day so I better move......8.30am at the hospital......I didn't know there were two2 8.30's in the day :lol:

Save driving {on both } :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Beatrice is terrific. I won't let Mr DD near her, not yet. The dirving position is much higher - I have to climb in - and getting out is easier too. Visibility is good and I have air conditioning. :xmas_cheesygrin: Daisy is now living over the road so I see her on a daily basis which is a little odd but I am adjusting.

I hope your appointment went well. DD
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    That's great that you are so pleased with Beatrice but it must be weird........fr ages even if I saw a little Micra {not mine} it felt weird :lol:
    I wouldn't let Mr DD near it.....anymore that I would let Peter near mine {unless its absolutely necessary} :lol:
    Love
    Hileena