Groin Pain

Options
ouchpotato
ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
edited 9. Dec 2013, 14:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone

Does anyone suffer from groin pain? I've had hip (as in outside of hip) pain for a long time but the last few weeks I have started with pain in the groin on the same side. It's a dull, sickening deep pain and has me reaching for my walking stick which I haven't had to do for a while. Cocodamol isn't even touching it. It started off occasionally but is now almost constant.

Well, at least life is full of surprises :carolers:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Almost certainly your hip, ouchpotato. It's one of the two places where hip pain usually shows and, yes, it's not at all nice.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    My rheumy told me that pain in the groin area is usually referred pain ; in my case , from dealing with bad hips and knees . Joys of arthritis : 1 pain causes another !
    Jillyb
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I has awful groin pain in the latter months before my THR..I now have it in my other hip..but that can wait for the min..the pain disappeared when I had my op thank goodness...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options
    Hello Ouchpotato
    yes I have that pain and a pain in my hip I was told it was from having osteoporosis and bones break and then they take weeks to repair them selves.
    take care
    joan xx
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Yeah, have had the same ouch. Started on the outside and moved to groin. Thankfully that particular pain is taking a break for me right now. Keeping fingers crossed you get some respite soon. Hugs x
    Toots x
  • ouchpotato
    Options
    Osteoporosis? I never even considered that. Well, I get the results of my x ray and MRI on Friday so hopefully I'll have some answers then.
    So the general consensus is that it is from my hip?
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I've had this too, Ouch. The outside of your hip, I understand, is a bursitis-type problem, while groin pain is the joint itself. Not fun. None of my pain drugs touched it. Anna
  • ouchpotato
    Options
    Anna, funny isn't it? How the pain meds don't touch that particular pain? Roll on Friday. x