PRE ASSESSMENT

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 11. Dec 2013, 05:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Spent the morning at the hospital.....it was my pre assessment and chat with the OT before my THR
The nurse {same one as years ago} is quite pleased with my Iron levels considering I still have another month to go so hopefully this one wont be cancelled :noel:
Did all the usual, blood tests, BP, heart checked etc, filled in forms.
Then on to the OT........so have organised 2 toilet seats and frames, a trolley, I found that really helpful last time when Peter wasn't about......to go and make a cup of coffee and possibly lunch and wheel it in and eat it in comfort. I've still got the grabber....2 in fact {Peter got one from a car boot sale} :lol: for upstairs. Got the perch stool, shoe horn, and lots of bits from last time.
That took 2 hours this morning.....so I think that's it until 24th Jan
A spinal block and hopefully they can find the right place this time......with my kypho scoliosis they had problems the last time....I sat on the operating table with a few of them behind saying to each other "I cant find the right place" Not very comforting :cry:
I've asked them to consider not giving me tramadol this time......I don't tolerate that very well.
Love
Hileena

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hileena so its all systems go then..thanks goodness your iron levels were ok..blimey the trolley sounds good I was never offered one of those...now you can relax a little and enjoy Christmas....then hopefully a much less painful 2014..after the op that is... :rudolph: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Hope it all goes really well for you Heleena. X :carolers:
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Crikey girl, that was an appointment and no mistake. I am pleased that you have all the kit organised, that is important and no, if you don't like the trammies then don't have them. Oddly enough I would find it comforting that they were saying 'I can't find the right place' because that would indicate they are not stabbing regardless. :wink:

I won't be about too much over the next week or so due to the move and then not having access to the interweb until the 17th (assuming they turn up to connect us on that day). I will be thinking of you, though, please take things gently in the run up to Christmas and keep as well as you can. Are you still taking the iron? I think you should but, as you know, I am not a doc. :areindeer: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Great to hear your iron levels are much improved with still a month to go! Sounds like you're pretty organised Hileena, try to relax and enjoy your Christmas ;-) x
    Toots x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I think it all sounds good, Hileena. I'd be happy with that, anyway. As for the spinal, yes, I'm with DD. I feel much happier when people acknowledge their difficulties and lack of competence rather than someone who just ploughs on regardless.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thank you everyone
    Barbara ...the trolley is good......I wasn't offered one either but got one the last time so just asked could I have one....Of course :lol: Takes a bit of cheek sometimes.....actually last time I wasn't offered one but they were showing me round a mock kitchen and I saw it and asked if I could have one :lol:

DD.....its not until 24th Jan so I wont get out of doing Christmas things :roll: I know you have "not medical knowledge" :lol: {for mods benefit }:xmas_cheesygrin: I have got one more lot to take...just going to order my prescription online in a few minutes .....I'll have another 28 days worth.
    You take it as easy as you can ....I'll be thinking of you during the upheaval ......I know what I've been like moving even before arthritis :shock:

SW.....I do agree with you about knowing they are acknowledging their difficulties......This time I will be prepared for it. Last time was first THR and first spinal block and I was very apprehensive when I heard them talking behind my back about the difficulties. Sitting on the side of an operating table, legs hanging off and getting colder by the minute {they aren't the warmest of places anyway}.......this time I know what to expect.

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    . Sitting on the side of an operating table, legs hanging off and getting colder by the minute {they aren't the warmest of places anyway}.......this time I know what to expect.

Love
    Hileena

Oh, I remember it all too well
    :areindeer: I bent over as far as possible without dropping off because they said the more they could see the bones the easier it was :areindeer:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ouchpotato
    ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    Options
    Hileena, all those extra Christmas pressies for you from the OT! :presents1:

Glad it all went well for you.

x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks Ouch :lol:
    SW...the things we have to go through......90 degree rule....horrible thing that is :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Gosh that all went well Hileena, at least you will have all the festivities by with. That is good you still have a lot of your 'gadgets' from the last time, keeping fingers crossed they find it quicker than the last time..........................Marie x :areindeer:
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Well that's another hurdle crossed Hileena :xmas_cool:

I wish you the very best of luck,
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I will be thinking of you,glad today was so positive. Mig
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks again everyone
    I was pleased with the 2 appointments.....very positive
    So I shall forget about it until after Christmas and enjoy the festivities :candycane:
    Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi
    Thanks again everyone
    I was pleased with the 2 appointments.....very positive
    So I shall forget about it until after Christmas and enjoy the festivities :candycane:
    Love
    Hileena

Too right Hileena :xmas_cheesygrin:

I can see you had a good and constructive apt there and am really pleased about that. All sounds suitably organised :)

Enjoy your Christmas now

love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks Toni
    Good to see you back online

Love
    Hileena