Forum Xmas party

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 22. Dec 2013, 15:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
The party will be on the Friday before Xmas ,that's so if its a good one we can carry it on all week-end,has to be in the cafe this year as the Cain and Able has been boarded up.Doors open at 8pm.

I miss the boys as well Mell ,when I first joined the forum I used to wonder what I had got myself into ,the banter ,the legendary meat pies !DD and her tassels sadly days that I don't think we shall see again. Mig

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good idea, mig, but a party in a cafe :? :shock: it sounds all wrong. Surely, between us, we have enough sticks, crutches and battering rams in the form of wheelchairs and rollators to tear down the Cane and Abel's boards and have a proper knees up - not that my own knees will go up very far but you get my drift. I have a Carol Concert that eveming but I'll be there afterwards. First round's on me.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    Did think of pulling the boards down but I've been a good girl since I got told off for bad words but I'm game if you are ,it's boring being good,let the good times roll.
    We are off to our sons on the Monday ,thought I might need time to recover that's why I picked Friday,won't be back till the 27th.Hubby is 70 on Xmas day think the kids have something special planned. Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    mig wrote:
    Did think of pulling the boards down but I've been a good girl since I got told off for bad words

:shock: Have you really? How are we supposed to tell :areindeer:

You're not going to spend Christmas with us are you? We're off to our son's on exactly the same dates.

Right, rave up at the Cain & Able on Friday. DD will just have moved in. I hope the tassels didn't get lost in the move. If they have I'm sure she can don a bit of tinsel.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Forum party did you say....is it fancy dress...I have a lovely french maids outfit ....or could come has superwomen...could start the conga off with my new hip..not sure if the old one will follow..but maybe after a few glasses .. :presents1:
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Count me in...............count me in .......................please, love a good old knees up, even better if it's fancy dress, oh Barbara you are a dark horse French maids outfit :madnoel: thank you mig for organising this se you all on the 20th...........................lets party xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Forum party did you say....is it fancy dress...I have a lovely french maids outfit ....or could come has superwomen...could start the conga off with my new hip..not sure if the old one will follow..but maybe after a few glasses .. :presents1:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Marie's right, Barbara. You're a dark horse, no mistake. That new hip of yours will lead you into all sorts of trouble, I bet.

Right, if it's fancy dress I shall come as an athlete. Some degree of imagination might be required :xmas_cool:
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Found mi french maids outfit...but there are quite a few tears in it...not sure why.. its so long since I wore it... :shock: think we had better get a list of drinks required...and nibbles....ooh cant wait... :madnoel:
    Love
    Barbara
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    OOh.....can I come too? I could be Michael Jacksons twin sister, not sure if I can do all of his moves now it's been such a long time since I've been to a proper knees up. :xmas_cool:
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Of course you can come, Numps. However, the above posts all indicate that it will be a very improper knees-up :madnoel:
    Steven Wright
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    Improper is okay with me, might be a bit rusty but I'm a fast learner!!! :xmas_cheesygrin:
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Mig
    will it be alright for me to come to the party sitting down I would be able to raise my knees for a sing song or hand jive.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mig
    Options
    Everyone are /is welcome ,dress optional :xmas_mrgreen: oops meant evening dress optional could be glitz and glamour ,fancy dress what ever you're comfy in ,me I'm a can can girl,all styles of dancing will be catered for even dodgy dad dancing.Mig
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    and dodgy grandpa dancing? I could bring some mulled wine or even some brandy or navy rum. A mince pie or two, haven't had any yet. Do we have any good singers to give us a rousing chorus? Secret Santas? :xmas_cool:
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm not sure about 'good singers' but, if there's enough alcohol, a 'rousing chorus' shouldn't be a problem :madnoel:
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    Any singing and dancing is a go and there is special entertainment booked. Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Ooooh, mig, come on. Spill the beans. Will it involve lycra? What am I saying - of course it will involve lycra if you're organising it :madnoel:
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    Options
    Cant sing a note tone deaf, I will supply ear plugs......................bring on the Lycra :xmas_redface: :carolers:
    day is full of Smiles
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I will do my very best to be there... :xmas_cheesygrin: :xmas_cheesygrin:
    as for fancy dress.... mmmm... any suggestions??

:madnoel:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Anything in lycra :xmas_redface:
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    31965-picsay.jpg

This ok sticky? ?

Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    Options
    Ooooohhhhh Need a drink. :xmas_cool: :xmas_cheesygrin:
    Handcuffs too.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Tony, you're taking a HUGE risk :? I think that pic might just push Sticky over the edge :shock: if I was you, I'd go into hiding, for your own safety!!!
  • villier
    Options
    Brilliant Tony, you have probably started something now :xmas_cheesygrin: , I would hold on to your errrrm handcuffs I think someone has their eye on them :madnoel: x
    day is full of Smiles
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Oooh, did someone say party? Haven't been to a party in a long time. Can't sing for toffee but could do for a glass of wine or two. Fancy dress? I'll have a think about that one. You're taking a risk there Tony. :lol:
    Christine
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Options
    I'm in.....Santa in lycra :hoho: oh no no no, oh do you think I'm on the naughty list now :xmas_cry: