letter from atos

Options
bridesmum
bridesmum Member Posts: 181
edited 15. Dec 2013, 11:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
Got a letter from atos today telling me to fill in another form. I can't really understand why as I'm appealing against being put in the work related activity group and they still have all my relevant paperwork. I' m in such pain now, my neck, shoulders, lower back, hips and thighs are killing me. I could just curl up ( I wish) and cry! I hate filling in those ****** forms, it makes me feel even more depressed to write down my limitations and long list of afflictions!
Sorry for the rant, Deb :xmas_evil:

Edited by moderator Jk

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Aw DEb :xmas_cry:

Is it worth getting 'someone' to help you this time???

A close friend even or maybe a 'professional' like CAB or DIAL????

If you didn't the first time or can get extra; plenty of Drs letters too detailing just how poorly you are now might help.

(((()))) for you

Love

Toni xxx

(Rants are ok ;) )
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sending some hugs.(((()))) Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Debs
    I am sorry you are suffering like this...and please dont apologise for the rant..in my thinking it was to short anyway...I am with Toni you get some help with this..and hopefully things will turn out better for you..please let us know how you get on....(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Deb, when I got more forms to fill in I took them to my local CAB office who actually filled the forms in for me as I was having a really bad flare at the time, it is very frustrating...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Don't you worry about ranting, these forms and assessments are a true bain of our lives. I have had 5 years of it now and every time you think you are ahead, they slap something else at you. I think ATOS are on a thin line now as to their assessment process, with so many thousands winning their appeals there is definitely something wrong.

I know just how you feel and if you can get someone to help you with the forms, it is good, my OH had to fill my last one in as I could not write that much any more. Listing your problems does bring it all home, which is what we are all trying to get through to the "health care professionals" that do the assessing. Quite what a care professional is I don't know. As a retired nurse, I would expect nobody less than an experienced nurse or Dr, not someone who has had a day's lesson in pressing computer keys to say the exact opposite of what you tell them !! Oh it makes me mad.

Make sure you keep copies, ask your Dr for yet another letter if needs be, they usually get really annoyed that these people are doubting their words and tell them so in no uncertain terms, I know my Consultant nearly had a fit. :x They seem to need telling about a 100 times before it sinks in. xx Bubbles

Sending hugs and well wishes that your appeal goes in your favour.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    bubbles wrote:
    , I know my Consultant nearly had a fit. :x xx Bubbles

You know Bubbles I often wonder what on earth GPs and consultants make of all this ATOS malarkey and whether they ever 'do anything' as part of their own professional body :?

love

Toni xxx
  • bubbles
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    bubbles wrote:
    , I know my Consultant nearly had a fit. :x xx Bubbles

You know Bubbles I often wonder what on earth GPs and consultants make of all this ATOS malarkey and whether they ever 'do anything' as part of their own professional body :?

love

Toni xxx

I am not sure to be honest Toni, but, I have a feeling that my Consultant actually phoned them at some point, he never said, but I had a decision made very quickly after I had asked him for yet another letter. I would be annoyed too, if I was the Dr, they totally ignored my GP at one point, in one of the battles. Battles is how I see them, we win some, but the war still rumbles on. XXBubbles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Debs
    I hope today seems a little better for you ...dont you dare give up...we will all help you to keep fighting...good luck with it all...(((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbles
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Debs
    I hope today seems a little better for you ...dont you dare give up...we will all help you to keep fighting...good luck with it all...(((())))xx

Barbara is quite right, we don't give up, we fight tooth and nail, involving as many people who look after us as is humanly possible, it is not always a smooth ride, believe me, I have posted many times over the years, ranting, moaning, you name it, but, one battle at a time. I too hope you are as good as can be. Take lots of care, xx Bubbles