Hope this is useful.......ATOS Medical

Options
villier
villier Member Posts: 4,426
edited 15. Dec 2013, 14:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
Came across this hope it is beneficial to anyone going for a medical.

Forewarned is forearmed.. some tips on questions you will be asked at the ATOS medical or Tribunal the reason behind each question is to establish what you can do, basically the examiner or doctor in the tribunal will make assumptions based on your answers, these are often wrong assumptions, but knowing what you are being asked before hand may help you pass the medical first time, and as the appeal rate is going to be delayed for new claimants shortly its best to get it right first time.

What I am saying is that you answer truthfully but you ensure you give the WHOLE picture,this example is from a conversation with a client just this week and is the truth, Medical Examiner: "Q your hair looks nice, do you visit the hairdressers regularly? Ans, yes but I have to go home with it wet or with dye still on most times and cannot sit in the chair long enough.

Q You said in your questionnaire you like to go to the woods is this correct? A Yes the woods are 50 yards from my house, I struggle to get their but force myself every week to get there, otherwise I would be so depressed staying in the house because of my condition, I sit just at the entrance and rest listening to the birds for a short while then return, the rest of the day I will be shattered because I have over exerted myself but it is worth it to keep me sane.

These are the answers that don't get given as often people are scared, or nervous. we are merely alerting people to the fact that these questions will be asked almost every time in a tribunal or a medical and to think about what they truthfully would answer outside the box, rather just a straight one line answer that will make the judge or examiner come to the assumption that is most often incorrect So here are a list of questions they will most likely ask you and why.

[Moderated by Mod YEH in conjunction with Villier to avoid potential copyright issues.

This is part of a wealth of information Villier has, she would welcome a pm if this would help you]
Smile a while and while you smile
smile another smile and soon there
will be miles and miles of smiles
just because you smiled I wish your
day is full of Smiles

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Marie ..its good of you to put this on the forum I am sure it will help many...gosh its does make you wounder who set up these questions :madnoel: .....whatever we do will be wrong...scary stuff... :xmas_evil:
    Love
    Barbara
  • brandy192
    brandy192 Member Posts: 73
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    when I had my ATOS medical the first thing I noticed was the varied type of chairs in the waiting room. They are very clever are these ATOS people.