DWP Shambles

villier
villier Member Posts: 4,426
edited 19. Dec 2013, 04:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
I received a letter to go for yet another ATOS assessment!! Having won my appeal in August and now in support group, it was stated I was not to be assessed for the next two years. Ready for battle I phoned the DWP, the lady I got could not have been any nicer or helpful, although, her reply was oh! there has been a 'mistake' made, I will email the department who will contact ATOS to cancel the assessment. I just hope the 'mistake; that was made will not cause me grief in the future when I 'don't' turn up for the assessment, I asked her if I would get a letter of cancellation, no was the reply I will give you my name, which is her word against mine if there are any more 'mistakes' made. The whole of the DWP is a pure and utter shambles.................Marie xx

Rant by :hoho:
Smile a while and while you smile
smile another smile and soon there
will be miles and miles of smiles
just because you smiled I wish your
day is full of Smiles

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hope all will be well. Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Marie you are right what a mess they are in..and thank goodness you got her name at least it is something..I can see your worry ..is there not a num for the assessment center if there is I would ring them and tell the about your phone conversation...good luck with it all..
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    You are quite right Marie, one department doesn't know what the other is doing and vice versa, you end up with so many letters you don't know if you are Arthur or Martha. I do agree that whenever I have called, the staff in the call centres or jobcentre plus have been as kind and helpful as possible, I always ask their name and write it down with time and date.

It must be a nightmare trying to sort it all out, but they do leave you worried and confused sometimes.

XX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,283
    Oh Dear Marie

I do understand how you feel. they have mucked you about haven't they? I do hope there are no repercussions from this - I like Barbara's idea of contacting the place to be on the safe side

Love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Twerps. :xmas_evil: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben