Bad day for my puddy cat :(

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 1. Jan 2014, 11:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have had a rubbish day all round today! Joints acheing, pain when walking. And white numb hands from the good old Raynauds.
Then..I went to let one of my cats in at the back door, and the other , bigger cat leapt from a tree to try to get there first and somehow got caught in some old rusty wire in my neighbours fence. The poor cat was left dangling by his back leg with the wire caught in his leg/through the leg. He was thrashing around , hissing and yowling. I was alone, and had to run (ha ha not) to the garage to get some tool ?wire cutter or something to release his leg. Somehow I managed to cut him free but there was a piece of the wire stuck through his leg and I managed to get him into the cat carrier and drove him to the vets. There a child aged vet has taken him for and op and an x ray in case he has broken any bones whilst `dangling`. I then went into shock and couldn`t stop shaking! I am now at home waiting for news.
I keep thinking `what if I hadn`t been home` etc.. poor cat!
I am in a lot of pain now from the act of wrestling down a stricken cat. Amazing what you can do when adrenaline kicks in!!
Hope you are all having a better day!!
NB

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    How awful for the poor cat and you of course,hope you hear some good news soon. Mig
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Oh NB,

How scary and horrible for poor you and poor kitty. I really hope you hear news soon and that's it good news.

((())) for you x
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    I know how I would feel if it were my boy nb. Irellyope you get some good news about him soon. It must have an horrendous time when you were trying to free him. please do let us know how it goes for him.
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    I hope your cat is ok and that you are recovering. Must have been a huge shock for both of you.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope you and your your kitty is ok NB, what a shock to the system...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh NB I am sorry poor you and your poor cat..no wounder you went into shock,I hope you dont suffer to much tomorrow..and I will have my fingers crossed for poor puddy cat...gosh it must have been so painful for it...and good for you thinking so quickly..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Tubby
    Tubby Member Posts: 177
    My heart goes out to you and your cat-I really hope all is well
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    oh NB, that is terrible to hear, hugs to you and your pus cat, I would have been in shock as well. I go into shock just being at the vets when they have a check up.
    I hope all is well, truly, from one cat lover to another. xxxx Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • arthricenter
    arthricenter Member Posts: 5
    That's too bad. I hope your cat will get well soon ASAP.
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    Thank you so much everyone for your kind wishes xx
    My big ol`cat is doing ok. He came home last night after a minor op to remove the wire from his leg. He has 2 puncture wounds where the wire went through his leg, and has had his leg shaved so it looks worse than it is really. He had a 72 hr painkiller injection (can I have one please??!!) antibiotic injection and instructions to keep him in for as long as I can, at least 24 hrs until the anaesthetic is out of his system. So he has been wrapped up in his bed in front of the fire all night. He got up at about 10pm and had some food but is asleep again now.
    As for me.I am like the Tin man today! So sore and stiff.
    I am waiting for a call back from Wrightington today as my GP and physio have referred me back as I am having pain in my new hip upon weight bearing. This has been there for about 3 weeks. I waited to see if it went away, but it is more so and causing a limp again. I haven`t done anything to cause it, just walking, living! etc.. so??
    A restful (ish) day today. I have to run my daughter to town later for her to buy her friend`s Christmas pressy but the rest of the day is cat sitting!
    Thanks again xx
    NB
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    You & your poor cat! Sound like that wire needs to be cut down before another cat gets injured! If it's your neighbours it's up to them to cut it down, I hope they do. I'm glad your cats home and doing all right.
    As for you my dear you need to try and rest and keep warm!!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,283
    Gosh Nearly!!!

Your poor poor Puss!!!

I am so glad you acted so quickly!!! The poor boy it sounds as though you did exactly the right thing ((())) for you for the shock!!

and these for you ((())) for now while you recover :areindeer:

Please give him a wee stroke for me

Love

Toni xxx
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    Thank you xx
    He is recovering well today. Sleeping, stretching his legs, more steady today, and more sleeping. My hubby is going to get his wire cutters out tomorrow. Even though it is my neighbours boundary, we are not taking the risk.
    I have had a call back from the hospital and they want to see me in clinic to see why I am having pain. I was offered a cancellation tomorrow but I am working and cannot go as we are short staffed. So I have an appointment in the New year.
    Thanks again xx
    NB
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,889
    Hello Nearlybionic
    I hope you and your big cat are feeling a bit less painfull.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,283
    Safety first Nearly :shock: Your husband is quite right!!

Good to hear puss is on the mend :areindeer:

Now let's hope they can sort YOU out

love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hope Puddy is feeling a lot now and good on your OH for getting the wire removed, Hope you can all have a good Christmas now. :areindeer:
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    I've been reading about you and your poor cat. It's always a worry when they're out and about that they will come to harm in some way. Thank goodness you were around to help him. He sounds like he's recovering well, how is he now?

How are you doing? Shame about your THR giving you pain, is your appointment soon? In the meantime, Happy New year, hope it's a good one for you.
  • nearlybionic
    Hi Ritwren
    Thanks for your enquiry about my cat. He is back to his normal mischievous self!
    We had a lovely Christmas and New year, and I have my appointment at the hospital on 23rd January. I have the long awaited assessment at work next week. I am glad it is here but worried about what they will expect me to be able to do. I haven`t told anyone at work about my pain, or my appointment at the hospital. It is on my day off so I will see what they say before giving work more ammunition about me!
    Thanks again for the post x
    I hope you are doing well.
    NB
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Hi NB good to hear your cat is back to normal again. They heal so quickly and don't seem to feel pain in the same way as we do.

I've been off the forum so long and am trying to catch up with what's happening with who. It's good to see familiar names and good too to see that more people are finding the site.

Very best of luck with your work assessment, I know these things are stressful but you have been through so much and you will get through this as well. You'll have lots of folk from here in your pockets with you. :wink:
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    so glad you are both ok what a shock but adrenaline def kicks in , I remember being 8 months pregnant and my German shepherd had the first of many fits I managed to lift him up and care for him until the fit passed but I was like you so shocked I kept crying and shaking funnily I could never have lifted him before or after, hope you sort out your health problems soon, my MTX has finally kicked in and is working :):)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello NB I hope you had a goodish Christmas..I keep trying to keep up with everything..but it doesn't always work...Im so sorry your hip is causing you pain...that is all you needed...I do hope its something and nothing...and thay can put your mind at rest...please let me know how you get on...(((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara