2nd OPINION ON MY EYES

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 22. Dec 2013, 07:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
I think a lot of you know the problems I've been having with my eyes for about three years......and with the consultant come to that :x
I've got an appointment for a 2nd opinion tomorrow {Thursday}
It will be interesting to see what this one says :roll:
They are much worse recently, a lot more symptoms than just the streaming eyes.
Oh well.........hope he comes up with something......I know its a chronic thing but doing something about managing it is what I need to know

Love
Hileena

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I wish you the best for today and I hope some answers can be found. It must be utterly miserable to live with, I am so sorry. Please let us know how you get one, yes? I would be in your pocket but I am lost in boxes. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,689
    I hope the appointment goes well, Hileena. Am I 'misremembering' - I thought someone had given you something that really helped the eyes? It sounds as if it was a 9-day wonder. Please let us know what this chap says.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope the app went well Hileena, do let us know how you get on............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Hileena that is all you needed...there's me thinking they had improved a little...sorry I'm behind with everything lately...good luck with the appointment..and I will have everything crossed that they can help....I will PM you tomorrow evening...and only answer when you feel up to it..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Hi
    First of all....I'm sorry.....the appointment is tomorrow {Friday} Today was acupuncture.....don't know whether I'm coming or going :lol:
    DD....so pleased you're settling in your new house......what about the iron? What have you done with it? :lol:

SW....yes you are right......I went to a walk in clinic and was told my eyes were "moderately dry" and I needed stronger drops and to use them at least 6 times a day whether I felt I needed to or not. At first it seemed to work but now I've got lots of different symptons........sticky eyes when I wake up {like conjunctivitis} very dry eyelids, and under eye. etc
    It's fine Barbara....I think we are all behind at this time of year
    LOL I've been meaning to pm you about something else but haven't go round to it yet
    I'll let you all know tomorrow what this one says
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Having unfortunately found the iron I have now hidden it in the understairs cupboard, along with the board. I shall be work-shirt washing over the week-end so it will see the light of day on Christmas Eve so he is properly suited-and-booted for his return to work on the 27th.

So, acupuncture today then eyes tomorrow? I am very pleased that you muddled that and not the acupuncturist. :shock: I will still be wrestling with boxes (as opposed to dancing with wolves) but you will be in my thoughts. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,283
    You know I thought it was tomorrow Hileena, the 20th same as Mellman's blue badge apt :madnoel:

Good luck :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    I am thinking about you...and really hope they can help those eyes of yours...I will have everything crossed for you....(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Thanks everyone for your good wishes.
    Appointment is 1.30pm so I'll get in touch when I get back

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Well the 2nd opinion was a bit "iffy"......Although the hospital was in a different health authority he was from the health authority where I was originally.....with Mr Nasty :lol:
    At least he was quite nice.

Said he wanted to do one thing at a time to see what worked and what didn't rather than start me on three or four different things and not know what was helping.

So......Keep on taking the nasal spray the other one gave me, either use or don't use the eye drops I've got.....depends if I feel they are doing any good. He then prescribed another steroid ointment to be put along my eyelashes/eyelids twice a day.......he doesn't think much of lacrilube so stop using that.
    This ointment is just to be put along the edge of eyes, not like lacrilube where you pull the bottom lid out and put it in and then everything is blurred.
    He said he would send me an appointment in a couple of months time
    So lets see how this goes.
    Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,283
    HI Hileena

right. So he is going to do the 'process of elimination' thing??

Sounds as good a plan as any to me.

I bet you'll be glad to see the back of the blurry-eyed stuff though :roll:

My fingers are crossed for you that things improve :xmas_cheesygrin:

love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    Hi Toni
    Thanks......yes....glad to get rid of the lacrilube

Hileena
  • villier
    Glad you got rid of the lacrilube Hileena, I have used it myself not nice stuff, here's hoping the process of illumination will give some answers.................Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,689
    It does sound like a plan. I guess progress will be slow if several things have to be tried and eliminated but far better to know once and for all. I'm sorry the other thing only gave temporary relief and I hope you still manage a good Christmas, Hileena.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    Oooops................... I hope you will not be illuminated Hileena and that's without any festive cheer :xmas_redface:
    day is full of Smiles
  • hileena111
    Hi
    One thing I forgot to mention......I did my usual list, just bullet points that I could glance at to remind me.
    I reached for a tiny notebook in my bag and he promptly said.....no notes....I want to talk to you and find out from you, not from notes :?
    The other thing he said about the lacrilube was......"I'm not a fan of it and I'll have to tell my junior doctors to stop prescribing it" Do you think that means Mr Nasty is one of his juniors :lol:
    Wasn't sure about that

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Hi Hileena
    I think this appointment is much better for you..eliminating one by one is a really good idea..maybe it is one of his juniors that you saw... at least he seems nice...will have everything crossed for you...let us know how you get on...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Slow but sure Hileena, hopefully this doc will get you sorted out. Hugs x
    Toots x