Caudal Epidurals

jayn12
jayn12 Member Posts: 8
edited 21. Dec 2013, 06:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all

Have not been in the Forum for a long time - been so busy and coping with having had a heart attack as well :madnoel: Anyhooo, my Rheumy and Physio have reccomended having a Caudal Epidural. Just wanted to know if anyone on this Forum has had it and if it has helped? I know everyone is different, but if I knew a bit more, I would not be so stressed :noel:

I would also like to know if anyone knows what drug they use in the steroid? I have very bad feelings about the Depo Medrol - it not licsenced to be used as an Epidural. But it seems doctors all over the world use it - it is called a Off Label use.

Thank you in advance for any replies. Have a very happy pain free Christmas and hope the New Year brings joy and happiness to all

xx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,285
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jayn

My ex MIL (who I am very much in touch with), has had these more than once:) She swears by them. The first one lasted over 6 months the next 6 months and the last about 3/4, but she reckoned well-worth it. I have asked her and she has no idea what was in it though sorry.

I hope, if you go ahead, it works for you :)

Merry Christmas to you too :presents1:

love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,689
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello jayn12. I'm so sorry about the heart attack. How are things now?

I don't know anything about caudal epidurals. I've had epidurals for op and I've had steroid jabs in knees and shoulders but I've no idea what was in them. Something that made things temporarily better was all I was interested in :xmas_cheesygrin: I hope you can come to a decision you feel happy about. I wonder if a word with our Helpline people might be useful?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright