Seignalet Diet

LisaKesterDodgson
LisaKesterDodgson Member Posts: 38
edited 21. Dec 2013, 06:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anybody tried the Seignalet Diet? I'm reading a book by Jacqueline Lagacé, an immunologist who after suffering from osteo arthritis and losing the use of her hands decided to try out this diet and had fantastic results after as little as 10 days. I would like to give it a go, but as it's pretty tough - no diary products, red meats or gluten and food shouldn't be cooked at temperatures higher than 110degrees, I wanted to find out if anyone's tried it and what the results were.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,283
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I HAVE heard of it Lisa

It's very interesting and I think was 'invented' by a chap in France. Something to do with our 'food' having evolved over the centuries, but our guts not so.

The theory is, I think, that we can't digest things properly. I think the originator (was it Seignalet?) and he used it in autoimmune conditions. At least to start with.

It's not an easy diet if I remember to follow, but if you want to give it a try (maybe worth checking with someone doc/pharmacist to check it's ok for you ???) I would be interested to hear how you get on.

love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,689
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Many years ago I was willing to try anything. I tried most things and still stubbornly persisted in my arthritis.

I checked this one out http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3728797/ and it seems there was no proper, scientific trial. In the trial(s) used, the only data collected from them and reproduced was that which was in favour of the diet. Any that was unfavourable was omitted.

It's an interesting article (above). It doesn't conclude that the diet doesn't work: only that there's no scientific evidence it does. Plus, there are inherent dangers in such a strict limitation diet that essential nutrients are eliminated along with the food groups that are banned.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright