Low platelets

Bethliz
Bethliz Member Posts: 44
edited 23. Dec 2013, 11:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

Has anyone been told their platelets count is low as a result of taking mtx? Thats what I've been told about my 2 year old after 4 doses but not low enough to stop medicatition. They wanted me to give her mtx this week and then repeat bloods but because bloods were so difficult last week (she is ot coping with the blood tests at all :cry: )we are now repeating bloods after 2 weeks. I believe platelets can effect clotting. Has anyone had to stop mtx for this reason and if so for how long?

Bethliz

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm afraid I cannot help with this one, I lack the proper technical knowledge and wouldn't offer it anyway as I am not a doc. I know that it can take a little while for the body to adjust to this strong medication, so I think you have to place your trust in those who are dealing with your little one, they know her medical history and the 'dos and don'ts' with the meds. Bless her little heart, what thing to have to deal with at the age of two - and how very hard for you. I hope you can put it all behind you on Christmas Day and just have fun. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben