feeling rubbish

bridesmum
bridesmum Member Posts: 181
edited 27. Dec 2013, 06:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
This is going to be a long boring moan, so pass on to the next topic if you can't face it! Since I got the dreaded brown envelope from Atos nearly 2 weeks ago I have been feeling really rubbish, partly because I sat at the table for too long filling it in and getting upset at listing my ailments. The other reason is sitting at the table makes my neck and shoulder pain even worse. Last week we went out to dinner with some friends and as we were having such a good laugh we ended up sitting at the table for almost 4 hours! Since then I've been fit for nothing!!!! I've really had to ration myself since, I'm sure you all know what I mean....only doing the minimum necessary. To make things worse I get to host christmas dinner.....again. There is going to be 13 of us including my 8 month old grandson sitting down for lunch, I've told my mum,stepdad and sister and her family that after lunch and then present opening they'll have to go home :presents1:
They understand as we only have a small bungalow and can't seat 12 people comfortably and I'm not sitting on a dining chair longer than necessary. :madnoel: my husband will be on veggie peeling tomorrow and I'm going to make the cauli cheese in advance. I do love christmas and love to have all the family here but I really wish I didn't have to cook it. The trouble is everyone says I do the best christmas and I can't let them down.
Anyway moan over, hope you all have a wonderful christmas and lots of love and luck for 2014.Deb :hoho:

Comments

• Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Deb
    oh no! I know what you mean about rationing your time. I have to do that or I am fit for nothing either!
    Hope you have a great christmas anyway and feel better soon :rudolph: x
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Deb...first of all I'm am sorry it is quiet in here ...think its something to do with Christmas.... :rudolph:
    Dont you apologize lovey its hard enough with the pain but having to do Christmas dinner for 13....well all I can say that they should all chuck in somehow...not easy I know but if they could help prepare the table and may be cook and bring some of the dinner with them..sorry if its out the question...I was in this position 3 years ago then I just told my family that was the last dinner I was doing...anyhow at least you have told them to leave you to rest after...and I hope you do...has for Atos..well I think you know what we think of them....I do wish you good luck with it...you take care....((((())))xx'
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Deb
    Don't you apologise.....13 for dinner?? That is not fair even if you do the best dinner {what an excuse LOL} Could some of you not take it in turns to host it?
    Our boxing day party which is just a buffet is divided between the 4 of us....so only once every 4 years. It varies from about 12 to 20 people now.
    Christmas day......a sit down meal.....is always at our house but we don't have a big family. 2 children and 1 grandchild and of course a wife LOL
    We have Sarah every year {not married} but Paul Anna and Grace only come from Christmas Dinner every 2nd year, they go to her mams the other year.......they come to us for tea {if they haven't been for dinner}and opening of presents. So its not really a hardship.
    I would think that surely they could help out. Someone do a dessert and bring it? Not sure how you would divide the meal out among everyone. Any chance that a couple of them would come and help at your house or do they live far away?
    Sorry I'm rambling
    Hope you do manage to have a lovely Christmas anyway
    Love
    Hileena
  • Tubby
    Tubby Member Posts: 177
    Only a meer 4 for me tomorrow, enjoy all of the company and I really do wish you a pain free Christmas :areindeer:
  • bridesmum
    Thanks for your replies. I'm looking forward to boxing day and doing nothing! Hope you all have a fab christmas :carolers:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hope it all goes smoothly then you deserve to put your feet up..and keep them there... :madnoel: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    How's it going?
    Keep thinking Boxing Day :madnoel:

Love
    Hileena
  • bridesmum
    It went really well until my mum and sister fell out and my mum went home in tears! I've taken it easy today, but ready for bed now. Hope you all had alovely day.xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Well that sounds like pretty much every family get together on boxing day!! Excess food & drink and someone goes home in tears!!