Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Merry Christmas everyone!

Boomer13Boomer13 Posts: 1,931
edited 1. Jan 2014, 03:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
And, following Sophie's lead: thank you to all for your support and help in 2013. I know I'm not alone in being helped by all the cyber hugs and wonderful messages, thank you.

I am having dinner at my house this year and after some house cleaning, pacing myself well (so I thought), shopping and cooking, I feel like a flock of turkeys has soundly beaten me up! I'm certain a lot of you will be feeling the same as me today. Oh, joyous day :madnoel:

Best wishes, hugs to all, and less pain in 2014!

Comments

• TubbyTubby Posts: 177
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I have cooked etc and now feeling battered! Looking forward to a day at work tomorrow for a rest! Hope the pain is much less for you in 2014 and a very big HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,906 ✭✭
    Hi boomer..thankyou and the same to you for your support
    I haven't cooked Christmas dinner for 3 years now ..mind you I did cook it for32 years....you put those feet up..the cleaning can wait mine looks like a bomb has gone off...4 Grandchildren just left.... :presents1: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • KittkatKittkat Posts: 309
    Happy Christmas ! x :rudolph:
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • Mat48Mat48 Posts: 1,161
    Sorry I disappeared for a week while my sister and her two children were staying with us as well as our own three sons and two dogs. It seems to have been a never ending round of cooking and washing up at this end and I'm now hardly able to stay away from my bed where I could sleep for China!

Ended up at a friend's toddler son's funeral yesterday followed by bumping into a local family whose house had been struck by lightening on Christmas Eve and burnt to the ground before they had a moment to blink. Both situations very humbling indeed.

I hope you made it through all that prepping, cooking and washing up and came out the other side in one piece Anna. Happy 2014 :xmas_cool:
    Mat xx
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • Boomer13Boomer13 Posts: 1,931
    Thank you for your note, Mat. Those sound like very sad Christmas stories, poor people.

I am not in very good shape at the moment so have not/will not be around much. Doing some cleaning and hosting Christmas at my house (only for four of us) has left me with abscesses under my fingernails. I guess this is a psoriasis thing?? I can hardly use my hands so I think that may have been my last effort at Christmas dinner. I've spent four days in bed and am off to get one hand x-rayed soon. Hideous.

At least dinner was a success! It was a big deal for me because it's the first time I hosted Christmas dinner for my mum.

xxAnna
  • Mat48Mat48 Posts: 1,161
    Oh no Anna poor you - what a high price to pay for cooking dinner for your mum and others? Have you seen a doctor yet about these abscesses under your nails? If not I really hope you will do so soon. Mat x
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • bubbadogbubbadog Posts: 5,852
    Hey Anne, How are you today? Have you had the x-rays done yet? Did you see your Dr about the abscesses? Hope the rest has helped a little. Take care and hope you can enjoy the new year.
  • DebbieTDebbieT Posts: 1,033
    ((((Anna)))) xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • TootsToots Posts: 483
    Merry Christmas Anna xxxx

I hope you had a chance to enjoy some festive time before the beating of the turkey's and nail abcesses started up. Big big squishy hugs, as always, followed by more HUGS! xxx
    Toots x
  • DebbieTDebbieT Posts: 1,033
    I hope ure recovering Anna!!

Happy 2014, let's hope it's the year you get answers & a stable treatment plan huni.

(((( hugs ))))

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 26,204 ✭✭✭
    I hope you had a Merry Christmas Anna

t07017.gif

and I wish you a Happy New Year

t07008.gif

love

Toni xxx