vicky78
vicky78 Member Posts: 4
edited 9. Jan 2014, 03:29 in Say Hello Archive
Hi my name is Vicky.

I am a mum of 3 girls who are 17,14,5.
I work as a domiciliary care team leader.
I live in Plymouth UK.
I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and am looking for other sufferers in my area and people to talk to in general.

Nice to meet you all x :D

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope we can help with information and support. I have two kinds of arthritis and fibro was diagnosed last October. My thermostat has 'gone' - I am permanently hot, drippy, sweaty and soggy and my muscles go through tender periods which are very uncomfortable on top of the arthritis pains. :roll: Fun it ain't! :lol:

I have had to stop work (I am fortunate in that my husband is able to support the two of us) and I don't miss it at all (although I miss the income). I hope you will find the forum interesting and supportive - the Living with Arthritis board on here is the one to post on because more people hang around on there - many of us have fibro and can truly empathise. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Vicky
    Welcome to the forum
    If you go to the front page of the Arthritis Care site and click on your area you should be able to find if there are any Branch Meetings close to you.
    I'm in the North East so that's not a lot of help :lol:

Good Luck

Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Vicky. I have RA not fibro but, if you post on the Living With Arthritis forum, I'm sure those who have it will see and respond.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright