Re humira delivery

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 22. Jan 2014, 06:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had a text message this afternoon to say my humira delivery is due on the 22nd while this is not a problem it's the first time this has happened without a phone call,did it say this was going to happen in future in the letter that we got and I missed it ? Letter has been shredded so I can't check ( we shred anything with name and address on ) it's not a problem but I shall miss Sheila who used to call me.Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well, at least you have had some notification. Last Friday week I had a phone call telling me that I had a delivery and they were waiting outside my old house. I had not received any notification whatsoever, no call, letter, text or email (I was usually emailed) and have still not had an answer to my email asking why not. OK, we moved but that was three weeks before this surprise - my contact details hadn't changed. They are in a mess because they have taken on another company and that workload without increasing their staff or resources. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope you get your delivery ok mig I know little about these things, could you maybe give them a ring just to clarify.............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Can't help, mig, as I don't do the delivery stuff but I hope all gets sorted smoothly.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Not the same is it Mig a text instead of a friendly voice...I hope you get your delivery on time xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    I always get a text the week before my delivery. It's interesting, the hospital I attend for another problem text me to remind me of appointments too. Seems to be the in thing. lol
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I also had a text about a delivery (due this Friday) and have never had one before. Mine is always arranged over the phone. However I wasn't too bothered because others have mentioned they receive a text about a delivery although it would have been nice to have been given the option to accept the delivery date or not.I suppose they expect you to ring and cancel if the date is inconvenient.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    What is the point in ringing? They profit whilst we're kept waiting to get through to someone who cannot help. :roll: My delivery driver rang them to notify them of my change of address and it took him over 30 minutes to get through. I emailed them on my surprise delivery day and have not yet had a reply. I reckon they are generally in a very big mess and I hope that they are busy recruiting more staff (and plugging in more phone lines) so they can actually deal with their clientele. Oooh look - pigs with wings! :wink: DD
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I had a call last week to say my delivery would be here today, between 1pm and 6pm. It arrived at 9 am! Luckily I was in.
    Numpty
  • tkachev
    Options
    when i used the 0800 number salamander sent to me via a pm i got straight through.

i'm pleased to report that i have just received my humira on the correct day and in the allotted time. the driver rang just beforehand to double check we were aware a delivery was due and that we were at home.

elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Cor! An 0800 number, is that a relatively new thing? Would you be willing to share, tkachev? DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Humira was delivered at 8.45,had a text message to say it was on its way,was asked did I need a new sharps bin which are taller than before so pens fit in better.So far so good.Now got 5 more in fridge so hopefully before next delivery all the kinks will be ironed out .Just done injection now sitting with a cuppa and biscuit. Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad you got your delivery ok mig, lets hope they get all their problems ironed out, Hope you enjoyed your biscuit and cuppa................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • tkachev
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Cor! An 0800 number, is that a relatively new thing? Would you be willing to share, tkachev? DD

only just seen this DD. Yep I'll pass on the number. They picked up straight away.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein