LV is going for an MOT

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 14. Jan 2014, 12:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well possibly not an MOT but a double appointment with the physio and occupation therapist. I had a Rheumy review and was pleased to report good health bar a problem with my left wrist and shoulder so they are referring me.
All the carrying babies has resulted in a tendon or some such in my left wrist getting inflamed. Hopefully, the plan is that the OT will provide me with a couple of pairs of Velcro free (so nothing for naughty babies to fiddle with) wrist supports which will hopefully solve the problem and prevent the need for a steroid jab. The physio will then look at my shoulder which the rheumatologist thinks may be dislocating a bit in my sleep and when I'm holding babies on my left side. So hopefully I'll be on the road to feeling comfier soon! I'm quite hopeful...I did rupture a disc in my back a couple of weeks ago but it's mending and I'll cope, I'm working on the basis that now it's gone it won't go again :P
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi LV,Hope you have a good app with physio and co .Big hugs for the twins.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Hello LV :D It's lovely to see you albeit for all the wrong reasons. Yes, heavy lifting is not an ideal everyday activity and, with two, increasingly heavy weights, I'm not too surprised that bits are protesting. I'm sorry, I can't recall how old your two are As I recall, it does get easier on the arms once they're mobile (and harder on the legs :roll: )

I do hope you have good appointments. Will you be taking your two 'visual aids' along? I could see it being helpful in one way and unhelpful in another.

Please let's know what happens.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Hug has been given to the squirming pair, thanks Mig.

They are 9 months now and in the last three weeks have become incredibly mobile and fast. The result has been loads of bruises and bumpsy daisy heads for them and utter exhaustion for me! Lying on the floor to stretch my back makes me the best climbing frame with optional hair pulling facilities too :? .

They are coming with me to the appointment as I can't drive at the mo so my Mum is going to take us all. I'm hoping I can leave the three of them in a cafe while I get sorted out as they are also extensive chatterers and get louder and louder until you can't hear yourself think (the girls not my Mum).

If I get away with just a dodgy shoulder, wrist and disc from a twin pregnancy and first year then I reckon, given how my arthritis has sometimes behaved, I can count myself blooming lucky (luckier than I could ever have hoped). Part of that is down to having a magnificent team of doctors and nurses who work so hard to help me and get me seen urgently when I most need and I will be forever grateful to them! :D
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hope you get sorted at the appointments go well, your amazing to have twins and live with Arthritis! You are supermom! Take care and (())'s to the twins.
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    You always sort out situations in a positive manner.
    Atta girl or should I now say mum?
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello LV
    Sorry to hear your shoulder could be dislocated...ouch ..I hope the steroid jab helps and the velcro...I can only imagine how heavy your babies are at 9 months..must say you do seem to have a good team looking after you...hope things improve very soon...and I would love another update on the twins...bet they are good fun...has well as hard work...bless um xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Definitely girl Ichabod - I sometimes need reminding that I am anything but a Mummy (and I sometimes wake up wondering if I have been mummified).

Thank you Bubba but secretly I am a super cheat of a mum. If there is a short cut, I have found it but they are thriving so it can't be too bad.

Barbara, thank you, I will post an update in chat
    xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've never done the mum thing (that bit of nature passed me by I thank whoever) but I am not surprised that bits of you are mis-behaving: some struggle with just the one baby but to have two? :shock: I think you are doing the right thing in having these appointments and I hope some useful kit can be issued. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you LV, your post about the twins made me smile very nostalgically. Our lovely twins are now 28, one a zoo keeper and the other a Paediatrician, and I feel so very blessed to be their mum. I remember that 2 little bodies could get into all kinds of mischief that 1 couldn't- opening doors, moving furniture, emptying the freezer........... life was never dull and always tiring :shock: .

You're clearly doing an epic job as a mum!

Hope the appointments are positive. As the twins gete bigger they will amuse themselves and each other and it will get easier I promise.

Wishing I could give your little bundles a hug- I still miss that special quiet time at bath time and stories before bed- maybe one day I'll get to be a grandma and recapture some of the magic-but not for a while yet I fear.

Deb x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I can't believe your twins are 9 months old already! I'm not surprised that you've got some inflammation, I remember getting sore when I was nannying gorgeous twin girls and that was only part-time! Fingers crossed that the MOT is productive. Having 2 small babies alone is hard work, so with Arthur on top, I really admire you.

Take good care of your lovely self.