Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Going from self employed to JSA

ouchpotatoouchpotato Posts: 453
Hi, at the moment I am self employed and happy to stay that way but I was just wondering...if I had to go back to employment and went on JSA, how likely am I to get a job given that I am 45, have OA and probably inflammatory arthritis yet to be diagnosed, ruptured disc, tendonitis...? I presume I would have to tell potential employers about it? Is JSA the right benefit to go on whilst looking for work given that I am quite bad with OA?
What do you think?

Comments

• KittkatKittkat Posts: 309
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello I am on jsa and I have told them of my condition. If you think you could do a full time job( or say 25+hours) then jsa is the one for you. If you feel you could only do a few hours then I would say go for esa, although that is harder to get.
    Your condition shouldn't stop you getting a job, only you know what you can and can't do. There are people with arthritis that work and people with arthritis that don't work as with any condition.
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?