BLOOD TEST BEFORE THR

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 22. Jan 2014, 09:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I know its late but I have an appointment with the nurse this morning.
They cancelled my THR 13th Dec because I was anaemic...sonce that they have been shoving iron into me. I now have to go for a blood test to see if I'm still anaemic :o
I think they are leaving it very late.....this is their half day.....tomorrow Fri then into the next week which is when I get my THR.....if I am anaemic what can they do in that time?
Sorry for this but starting to really worry.
Love
Hileena

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Of course you are bothered but there is a plus side (yup, this is me, Daisy, the perennial optimist :wink: ). You have been shoving iron into you for some time now which must help matters, no? I reckon all will be well, Hileena. I jolly well hope so. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Good luck with this Hileena ,As DD says your bloods are probably on the up now because of the extra iron ,and they would expect this to be the case ,in the best hands (((())))Marriannex
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hileena od course I will be there, I can imagine the worry of them saying the iron levels are not right but fingers crossed they have been going in the right way....good luck xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi everyone
    DD I laughed when I read your optimistic post and thought it was me telling you to look on the positive side {stairs} a few posts ago....why can't I take my own advice :lol:

Marrianne.......you are probably right.....I'm worrying....the second one makes me worry more than the first.

Barbara........Thanks for that.....you get that 2nd THR booked for you and pay no attention to me :wink:

Oh yes....after the nurse took my blood.....she said you will know in a weeks time. NEXT THURS :shock: and I go in the next day.
    No chance ....I'll be on the phone Monday, and Tuesday and Wed until I get them.

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hileena I would be on the phone has well...gosh that is all you need..wounder if it will go ahead...I see my hip man on the 31st of this month.... :shock: good luck xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    If my THR goes ahead I'll be out by then so remind me about pocket duties.
    Are you going to arrange a date?

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Barbara
    If my THR goes ahead I'll be out by then so remind me about pocket duties.
    Are you going to arrange a date?

Love
    Hileena
    :shock: :shock: :shock: we shall see xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Morning all
    Another dark, wet miserable day.
    BUT I got the blood tests {pre THR} yesterday and they were satisfactory {according to the receptionist} satisfactory.......not superb :lol: but that will do me :wink:
    That's the one that was taken last week because I was anaemic......bit late to do anything since the THR is on Fri :?
    She said the results would be back this coming Thurs.
    I rang them yesterday {Mon} and they were there!!!!! Shows the advantage of chasing things up.

Love
    Hileena
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Well done Hileena ,to keep chaseing ,yes its pretty wet and miserable here as well ,Good wishes for your THR .. bet you come through with flying colours lots of rest and doing all the healthy things till then ,hugs((((())))Marrianne :)
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'm pleased the results were satisfactory, and hope everything goes smoothly from here on in.
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thank you both for your good wishes.
    As for lots "of rest until then" Not a chance :roll:
    This is the busiest week I've had for a long time......mostly things I cant get out off either
    Oh well....might keep my mind of it.

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That is good news because you now know where you are. And so do we. :wink: Pace yourself this week, please, OK you will be having a spell of enforced 'rest' soon but it won't do to be too tired before you start! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks DD
    You should know by now what I'm like about pacing myself :lol:
    I can tell others to pace themselves, I know all the theory of it. Stop before you feel you need to stop etc.
    BUT putting it into practice is a different thing :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hileena I am glad everything is on track for you..and yes I know you well and there is no chance of getting you to rest..but that is you ...unless we hold you down...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    As much as anything........I'm trying to keep my mind of it.
    It just so happens its a busy week and I'm not cancelling things.

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Sorry I missed this, Hileena, but I'm glad all's well and you're on schedule for the op. I shall be in the ward later, cheering your every step :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks SW......not really looking forward to it but I have a few things I want to mention to them. Like Tramadol....I was on that for the 6 weeks and was like a zombie
    I would like some other pain relief if poss.
    The spinal block.....they couldn't find the correct place for a while because of my scoliosis....so justremind them about that before I go into theatre LOL
    Oh well roll on Fri. get it over and done with.
    Planning a holiday in the UK {about 4 days} roughly 8 or 9 weeks after I come out. That should give me something to look forward to :wink:
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Options
    Good thinking hileena...I had my holiday just before my op and was worrying about the op..next time it will be the other way round.. like you are doing..we should be coming into spring......8 to 9 weeks :)
    Love
    Barbara