Missed a blood test

Options
Kittkat
Kittkat Member Posts: 309
edited 21. Jan 2014, 10:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone
i just wondered has anyone 'missed' a blood test. I was supposed to get a full blood count a few weeks ago but due to being ill/ not being able to get to the hospital/not realising that you don't need an appointment you just walk in I am late getting it done.I won't do it again I just wondered whether I will get told off or if they will say anything?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I can only speak from my experience; if I miss a test I apologise, tell them why, receive a gentle slap on the wrist and then life carries on as before. It's only been in the past two years that I have missed tests (since I dropped to monthly then three-monthly tests) and always humbly apologise. :wink: You will be OK, just get them done as soon as possible, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Yes fret yea not Kitkat ,I have missed a couple of times,you could phone them before you go again thats what I did ,and they were very good just rescheduled hugs (((((((((())))))))
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    kittkat...like you we dont appointments just take a ticket and wait but a couple of time I have had to come out there has been so many there..if its for RA meds I hope you can get in soon..I know they are very important..good luck
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I had my monthly blood test right at the end of the month instead of mid way through month! I was close to missing it! That was due to the flu bug I had!!
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Options
    Thanks all I am off for the test today. :)
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    I've missed tons of tests, am on methotrexate 25mg injection and ment to have them monthly. At times I've only gotten down for blood tests 2 monthly or 6 weekly but then I've never had a problem with my bloods apart from my white cell count going up when I have an infection. I do get a call from the GP or nurse if they notice I've not had tests done and then I apologise and get down that week. The tests are for our own good and are a good way of determining how our liver is functioning as well as checking out a full blood picture. I'm trying to be good honest I am. :)