Not another Migraine!!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 23. Jan 2014, 13:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well I've had my 1st Migraine of 2014 and this one was a whopper! It started Tuesday afternoon and went on till last Thursday night. I'm still feeling the effects of it now! And I think I've got the start of a flare up, It started with spasms in my legs the beginining of the week, since Wednesday I've had severe pain in my back radiating to my hips and pain has started in my legs. I'm hoping I maybe wrong and it's due to the cold weather but either way I hope it eases soon.

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry to hear this bubba, I hope things improve for you very soon.
    Take care, ((((()))))
    Numpty
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    My sympathies Bubba. This happens to me too and it's horrid. Hope you can rest. (()) Take care xxAnna
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Bubba
    Sorry to hear about your migraine as well as everything else.
    I get "cluster headaches" a bit similar. They "fell" you for a few days, dark room, cant be bothered with anyone, sick or feel sick. I don't have any aura and that's about the only difference I think.
    I hope you can rest

Love
    Hileena
  • jimall
    jimall Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi bubbadog
    I have suffered migrains now for 30 yes
    I have tried everything under the sun in which nothing worked,well up to 4yrs ago it was that bad iI nearly committed suicide,but my neighbor took me to hospital whereby they tried imigran nasal spray. Well have been using this for 4yrs and to me it is a life saver when i take a migraine I take a spray and within a hour my headache is away where is before it would take 4/5 days.
    Hope this may help you.
    Jimall
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Bless you, bubba :)

Migraines are rubbish. I had them in my late 20s, a lot of visual disturbance that looked like purple, orange, yellow and brown snakes, followed by feeling exhausted for a couple of days. In my case, it had to do with being on the Pill and once I started taking the mini-Pill instead I was okay.

Have you had a chat with your GP about this? It’s a lot to put up with, especially with your flare-up going on too.

Hope you feel better soon,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    phoenixoxo wrote:
    Bless you, bubba :)

Migraines are rubbish. I had them in my late 20s, a lot of visual disturbance that looked like purple, orange, yellow and brown snakes, followed by feeling exhausted for a couple of days. In my case, it had to do with being on the Pill and once I started taking the mini-Pill instead I was okay.

Have you had a chat with your GP about this? It’s a lot to put up with, especially with your flare-up going on too.

Hope you feel better soon,
    Phee

Thank you for your message phoenixoxo, I have migraines on and off a lot, my G.P knows about them and she knows that I know what I'm doing to get through them and if I have any problems I would go straight to her. They usually last from 24hrs to a couple of days. Me I can juggle a few things going on in my life!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi bubba
    There are new meds now for migraines...not a clue what they are called but you google it..or maybe you don't want anymore meds... :roll: ..its rotten when you have so much going on at once I hope your GP can help..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    It's good your GP's aware of your migraines, bubba :)

I must admit, I'd be onto the new meds like a shot if mine returned, but I've never been a good juggler! :oops:

Hope you're better today,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)