Pain management

2»

Comments

• pot80
    pot80 Member Posts: 109
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Interesting. Herbal medicines should not be totally discounted and could be licenced for registered users (dont ask me how in order to satisfy the law)
  • grandadpaul
    grandadpaul Member Posts: 33
    Boomer13 wrote:
    When the pain is making you more spaced out and depressed than the drugs do, you need to act. Depression from loss of one's life activity due to pain requires medication. I have done pain management courses and support groups. Not from lack of trying, they just didn't work with an extremely high level of daily pain. You try different things and find what works for you, and, don't feel bad about it.

Taking an effective drug daily for pain does not make someone a weak person. You can only take so much pain before exhaustion and despair settle in. Being completely non-functional due to pain needs treatment medicinally, if necessary. You need to be able to be as active as possible. I know I'm not taking these things daily for the fun of it, because I'm not tough enough, or for some kind of crutch. They are medically necessary for some of us to function IMO. Yes, there can be that much pain.

I don't mean to come across as defensive but it's something I feel strongly about having tried the various no meds, exercise, etc, route(s); they work to some extent. I take people's negative assessments of me all the time. It's water off a duck's back for me now....I will do what I need to.

Best wishes.

AS above.
    My pain never seems so bad in the day, i quess its all the distractions.
    But in the middle of the night when it is dark and no one is about things are different (we have all been there and you know what i mean)
    Therefore as the post above says..i take what helps me pain wise.

As for illegal or not it, well in the eyes of the law it is...but everyone seems to turn a blind eye.
    In 10 years plus no one has ever knocked on my door..It is no secret i take it.
    If it was that bad I would have thought someone in the medical profession
    would have said something.
    This post seems to be drawing to a close.
    Thank you all for your views it has i think you will agree be interesting.
    And thank you to the Mods...they must have had their doubts about this post.
    Do i think it will be legal someday...yes i do.
    They are looking into this for us..In what form we will get it who knows.
    But get it it some form one day...we will!

Paul.
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Boomer13 wrote:
    When the pain is making you more spaced out and depressed than the drugs do, you need to act. Depression from loss of one's life activity due to pain requires medication. I have done pain management courses and support groups. Not from lack of trying, they just didn't work with an extremely high level of daily pain. You try different things and find what works for you, and, don't feel bad about it.

Taking an effective drug daily for pain does not make someone a weak person. You can only take so much pain before exhaustion and despair settle in. Being completely non-functional due to pain needs treatment medicinally, if necessary. You need to be able to be as active as possible. I know I'm not taking these things daily for the fun of it, because I'm not tough enough, or for some kind of crutch. They are medically necessary for some of us to function IMO. Yes, there can be that much pain. .........................I do hope not Paul ,all thoughts ideas experience is so useful and very welcome .No you dont come across as defensive ,I might not even get my ant tnf .. another blood test another hurdle please stay with this topic ,I thank the mods to they are very fair on this topic ((())hugs Marrianne

I don't mean to come across as defensive but it's something I feel strongly about having tried the various no meds, exercise, etc, route(s); they work to some extent. I take people's negative assessments of me all the time. It's water off a duck's back for me now....I will do what I need to.

Best wishes.

AS above.
    My pain never seems so bad in the day, i quess its all the distractions.
    But in the middle of the night when it is dark and no one is about things are different (we have all been there and you know what i mean)
    Therefore as the post above says..i take what helps me pain wise.

As for illegal or not it, well in the eyes of the law it is...but everyone seems to turn a blind eye.
    In 10 years plus no one has ever knocked on my door..It is no secret i take it.
    If it was that bad I would have thought someone in the medical profession
    would have said something.
    This post seems to be drawing to a close.
    Thank you all for your views it has i think you will agree be interesting.
    And thank you to the Mods...they must have had their doubts about this post.
    Do i think it will be legal someday...yes i do.
    They are looking into this for us..In what form we will get it who knows.
    But get it it some form one day...we will!

Paul.