day is dawning..

Options
newbygran
newbygran Member Posts: 96
edited 15. Feb 2014, 06:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, I had my pre op assesment before xmas went ok, on Monday had a call from hospital they had a cancelation would l like to come in on friday to have my THR , l had to turned it down, l had an abcess come up on my boob,at xmas l had 2 different antibiotics to clear it up, unfortunatly it still was a bit scabby looking, the nurse said well we will keep to the arranged date of the 21st of Feb, which was the first l had heard of it she said she would make sure l got the letter this time which l did, l am scared but l have been doing my excersizes OH makes sure; he has been very caring and is helping me alot, well there it is.. l just wish it would stop raining....... :?

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I would be scared too but remember we are all here for you.(((())))
    Agree with you about the rain,enough is enough. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Well done to your and your OH for keeping up with the exercises. Sorry about the delay but I do hope all goes well eventually.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Hello Newbygran ,ITs normal to be scared ,but I am sure all will go very very well ,you are in good hands ,I was nervous well actually very worried before my knee replacement 18 mths ago ,It went well I am now pain free in my right knee after 3 years of agony Lots of people on here have had or are haveing TKR .. so loads of help and advise before and after sending hugs and good wishes and yes have to say this rain is relentless at the moment,I keep forgetting and leaveing my wellingtons outside the back door to get soaked (((((())))))hugs Marrianne
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello newbygran
    Of course you are scared..I had my THR 6 months ago now, so if you need to know anything just pm me....the main thing I would say is start to take arnica tabs a couple of weeks before your op...It stops the bruising...and it worked for me..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Newbygran, you have every right to be scared it is a big operation and to be honest I'm not great with even a minor operation (I'm a woss!). It's great that you have a great OH who is right behind you. You have all our support and we will be right by your side on the 21st February. This weather is pants!!
  • Sarah01
    Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
    Options
    Hi newbygran,

I can totally relate to how you are feeling. I was nervous right up until i went to theatre. I had my THR 8days ago. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

Sarah
  • marrianne
    Options
    Well done Sarah ,You sound so upbeat after your THR ,Newby gran of course I meant THR on my earlier post ,I had a TKR about 18 mths ago so it sounded as though I was giving you one of those :lol: I apologise and hope you are less nervous about it now Marrianne (((())))
  • newbygran
    Options
    thanks everyone, l have had plenty of advise and support, l have given myself a plan and a goal for after, so l have something else to focus on. my girls took me out shopping and lunch today, l bought myself a new coat a lovely dark red which lifted my colour, l think l have been a bit depressed l am going to put more colours in my wardrobe of clothes, and brighten up my flat so even if its dull outside it's bright and light inside, l am not keen on these new energy saving bulbs it's a dull yellowy light , there we go, l am getting my craft work and soft furnishing brain on the go, it will have to be on a budget money is a bit tight. wish me luck, and thanks.....
  • marrianne
    Options
    Hi NewbyGran yes continued good luck and thoughts your coat sound lovely for this time of year ,same with your flat new cushions a few bits can make all the diffrence to our moods Oh Newby I absolutely hate hate hate the low energy bulbs ,I look on line and still buy the 100 watt ones .. but sadly they are of poor quality and dont last very long so think I am going to have to give in and acept my life in sepia :lol: I wonder how others on here find them if they are low energy but you need more lights on cant be good,Hope your feeling really positive now about your THR ..continued good wishes ((())))Marrianne :)
  • fortuna
    fortuna Member Posts: 149
    Options
    Absolutely hate them! Good luck newbygran
    Fortuna
  • newbygran
    Options
    had another pre assesment appointment sent 14th feb, a week before the op ,21st feb ( also OH birthday 67 ) the light bulb thingy, try LED bulbs a lady told me they are brighter. so l am off to find some fingers crossed they don't cost a fortune let you know how l get on......
  • newbygran
    Options
    hi everyone, l got some LED light bulbs from ASD_S they weren,t cheap but they do give a more whiter light than the low energy ones, l dont know how long they will last only time will tell, l am happy with them, :D .....
  • marrianne
    Options
    Hi Newbygran ,Thanks for info I have seen the bulbs they are expensive ,but I will try them for the whiter light ,I think they are the ones that last for years ,Keep us posted about your THR ,think positive because I am certain you will do really well and be so good afterwards ,wont forget o/h s birthday :) ..it will be a busy week for you ,dont forget to exercise when you can to build up muscles I think you can find out loads on here about preparation before op to make things easier in the home ,(((((()))))hugs and wishes Marrianne
  • newbygran
    Options
    Well only a week to go. had another pre op check up today, Valentines day, got my card all romantic from O H l got him one funny HA! HA! card :lol: . and then we dined out, fish and chips at weather-poons, O H birthday 21st; the day of my new hip. l hope he likes the jumper l got him, wish me luck, l am still a little worried :?
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I'm sure all will be well ,hope he likes the jumper. Will be thinking of you. Mig
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Newbygran
    You are bound to be worried. I'm 3 weeks post THR today and was terrified and that's my 2nd one.
    It's a good idea to have something to look forward to. How's the coat :wink:
    Have you got any other things changed in the wardrobe yet?
    We've booked 5 days away when I'm 8 weeks post op. OH decided I needed something to look forward to.
    Good luck....keep us up to date.

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    You'll be fine :) Running round in no time :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Will be with you all the, one tip from me..having to take meds in the middle of the night after my THR..have a water bottle , instead of a glass...then if you knock it over....good luck with it all xx
    Love
    Barbara