Physio referral appointed received

Options
valde
valde Member Posts: 271
edited 20. Jan 2014, 13:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
When I saw Rheumy last Monday he referred me to Physio. Appointment came through today for 12 Feb so I have not got long to wait. it is for a Physio Assessment. Can anyone tell me what to expect.

Felt OK for the last week but today woke with pain in arms hands and feet and feel not good, very tired. Took my second dose of Meth this morning. Weather very frosty early morning and only now clearing a bit. Maybe thats it. At moment I am in fleece clothes and my fleece dressing gown and a hot water bottle as feeling cold inside. Sorry for the moan but had to get it off my chest. Thanks

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry you are feeling rubbish Valde, I hate the cold as well it flares up my neuropathy, can't help with the physio as it is OA I have hope you feel a bit better soon.................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • valde
    valde Member Posts: 271
    Options
    Thanks Villier. It has definitely been a rubbish day. My feet and hands have been so cold. I suppose I feel fed up because yesterday I felt really good and even went for a walk to the local shop with my sister (first walk for weeks except from hospital or doctor car park) and my feet did not hurt so I was lulled into "great I am feeling better" ! Big mistake. Thanks again and hope you are not feeling too bad.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm dripping nicely, soggy and damp from head-to-toe (which, believe you me is equally miserable). Don't get your hopes up too high for positive results; physio has a part to play in keeping your muscles fitter and stronger but won't tackle the basic cause of RA. I still do my post-op exercises because of the OA, even though they hurt. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi
    The physio assessment is to let you tell them about were the pain is and how it impacts on your life, mine lasted half hour when we had done talking, she went through a couple pf exercises and gave me a sheet of them for home..then they will see you every week till they think they cant take thing further..hope it goes well for you
    Love
    Barbara