January.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 22. Jan 2014, 06:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
December and January have the same number of days but, somehow, December flies past with its twinkles and sparkles whilst January drags its murky, muddy heels.

Never mind not liking Mondays, I don't like January. It's a ghastly month. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Mmmmm it's February for me, it may be the shortest month, but my, it can drag! :?
    It's wet dark and dismal, and I'm not looking forward to it :cry:
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Hi girls it will feel better when the snow drops show there little faces ((()))
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I'm happier when Spring comes and your not shivering!! :(
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Now January has flown for me...I just hope this mild weather doesn't catch the little birds out..roll on spring.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I used to feel like that about January but then I got married at the start of the month and it's like our own secret month of celebration now. Everybody else is feeling all glum and we are busy having pub lunches and saying 'look where we have got ourselves'. We gave little pots of snowdrops as wedding favours so whenever I see them peeking up out of the soil I get all warm inside :)
    I just wish we could have some cold and crisp weather and even a few flakes of snow, this cold dreary greyness feels never ending this year :cry:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    All the winter months as the cold flares me, sometimes I wish I was a bear so I could hibernate for the winter :lol: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I used to feel like that about January but then I got married at the start of the month and it's like our own secret month of celebration now. Everybody else is feeling all glum and we are busy having pub lunches and saying 'look where we have got ourselves'. We gave little pots of snowdrops as wedding favours so whenever I see them peeking up out of the soil I get all warm inside :)
    I just wish we could have some cold and crisp weather and even a few flakes of snow, this cold dreary greyness feels never ending this year :cry:
    What a lovely uplifting post..LV..many congratulation on what you have achieved..especially your lovely twins... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    yes december does seem to fly past,but january drags on
    mabee its a post xmas thing :?
    snowdrops are sort supply this year hardly any, im blameing the wet
    december we had. ive always thought february to be the coldest
    month but not so sure now :roll:
    it wouldnt be so bad if it stopped raining for 5 mins :x
    roll on summer 8)
    mike26..
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh LV, that was indeed a lovely post and I congratulate you both on your latest / forthcoming anniversary. Snowdrops? We have many on one side of the drive and a little crop in the back garden. I love them, they are such delicate yet hardy little flowers. We also have iris, daffodils and crocus springing up. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,689
    Yup, January always seems the longest month but I try to make the most of it because, once it's gone, the others fly past.

LV my Mum & Dad married on Jan 2nd. She wore orange blossom in her hair. When she died my son, who by then lived in California, planted an orange tree in his garden and subsequently carted it from one apartment to another.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Thankfully January is flying by....I have to keep reminding myself not to wish my life away. So I'm going to enjoy each and every day.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein