Can someone help me with knee pain please

Options
angilee
angilee Member Posts: 102
edited 22. Jan 2014, 13:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone,

I have osteoarthritis in my left knee (among other places) I have felt a different kind of pain this last couple of months, the pain I am used to is around the front of the knee..but the other pain I am now feeling is round the back of my leg, behind the knee in the crease...hope this makes sense!

Wondered if others here with knee osteoarthrtis could help me out. Been to see the doc and he says I have damaged a tendon...no faith in docs where knees are concerned. they are just too complicated.

Thanks in advance

Angilee

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We are not doctors so cannot diagnose. Pain behind the knee (from my limited knowledge) occurs for a few reasons including a Baker's Cyst and damaged tendons. The OA in my knees does affect the way I move so I wouldn't be surprised if you have done some damage, knees are complicated joints (the hinged ones are), 'tis the nature of the beast. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Angilee
    Like DD says it can be a few things, my hubby had a baker cyst behind his knee..it was very painful..I would go and get it check out because they can drain them..please let us know how you get on.
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I agree with the others. We don't know so can't diagnose but a Bakers' Cyst does sound likely. They can be painful and the leg can swell alarmingly. However, I have some news hot off the press as my husband saw the consultant about one last week - they don't usually attempt to drain them now as it only encourages the beast. Anti-inflamms, ice, elevation and not to much sitting around unelevated was what he prescribed.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright