Where to buy helpful aids for everyday help

valde
valde Member Posts: 271
edited 23. Jan 2014, 05:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Where do you all buy your helpful aids like opening jars and bottles. I am having difficulty now as my hands and wrists are not what they used to be. Opening a bottle of bleach is a no go as cant squeeze the top so I am now buying the spray kind. any suggestions would be helpful. Many thanks

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You can get stuff from most disability shops including online ones and, in some cases, Amazon. For jars I have an electric jar opener from Lakeland, for can, an electric can opener from possibly one of the big electrical stores, for ordinary screw tops eg milk or fruit juice, a good grips thingy and, for those horrible, 'squeeze and twist' bottles I have Mr SW :wink: If you don't have a Mr SW maybe ask a neighbour to open it when convenient then decant it - VERY carefully - into a more reasonable container.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Hi Valde,

What s/w said :lol:

Perhaps you could try eB*y too? Good luck :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • Mormodook
    Mormodook Member Posts: 130
    Hi Valde,
    We have a guy who comes round the doors with a wee catalogue every now and then. It had a wee section on household aids. I don't think I'm allowed to say the brand name of the actual catalogue but you know the kind of thing I mean . Good luck hunting :D
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    As Sticky said there are a lot of Disability Shops around these days you could also look online as there are some online Disability Shops & A**zon. And as phee said check out e*ay. Hope you find what you need.
  • valde
    valde Member Posts: 271
    Many thanks to you all. Will start searching today. Hope you all have a good. Even though it is 10.20 am it is dark and pouring of rain..........miserable........but my grandson is coming today so he will make me happy and I won't care about weather.