Feel like stamping my feet...

Options
ouchpotato
ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
edited 23. Jan 2014, 14:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
...but it would hurt too much!!!

I'm feeling rubbish today. I don't know whether it's the weather, or the stress, or just the nature of the beast but I feel like curling up in a ball and howling. I hurt everywhere, not just joints but between the joints too, heels of my hands, heels on my feet, mid forearms, shins...not to mention shoulders, elbows, hands, knees...even my boobs hurt!!! Every time I try and stretch my spine my chest 'cracks' and clunks...the sound makes me feel sick.

I'm trying so hard not to take cocodamol as I am taking too many already (not too many as per prescription but too many for my liking). I'm going to run a hot bath now and hope that helps, but I can no longer lie down and wallow in the bath as it hurts the top of my spine.

I'm sorry, I know I am moaning and there are lots of people in a far worse state but I am just feeling yuk and it saves me from dragging the kids down.

Take care

x

Comments

• Sharon2960
    Sharon2960 Member Posts: 329
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh bless you! I know just how you feel - do you think it's the damp cold weather?
  • chez86
    chez86 Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Ooh bless you :(
    Ain't it weird how it gets into the most strangest of places! The ribs, the jaw, the groin..the mind boggles x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Ouch you have so much going on ..especially with your nephew..stress is not good but we cant avoid it...Im the same with the bath how I would love a long soak...I was going to suggest wheat bags that you microwave..but you would need so many...sorry I am not much help....but I don't mind listening...((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • ouchpotato
    Options
    Aw, thanks Barbara, I just needed somewhere to sound off really.

Chez...yep, get the pains there too!

Sharon...I do think the cold and damp contribute to it, yes. I know if I keep the heating off, trying to keep fuel bills down, I feel worse so keeping warm is imperative.

Off to bed now with fluffy hot water bottles.

x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The 'warm' cold (i.e. between 3 and 9 degrees) and damp doesn't help, neither does the 'cold' cold (anything under 3 degrees) and frost. We are challenged all the year round living on this dank island. You also have buckets of stress at the moment so the only thing to do is huddle and be kind to yourself. It will pass, all things do. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope you are feeling a wee bit better today ouch (((())))...................Mariexx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Barbara is quite right. The stress will not help one bit and you have been under the cosh for a while. I don't know the answer but, if heat does it for you, then keep warm. Lots of thin layers are warmer than one or two thick ones (albeit it fiendishly difficult to get on and off :roll: ) Natural fibres are both warmer in winter and cooler in summer than man-made ones which are just the horrible opposite. Hunching against the cold only makes joints and muscles worse. How are things today, ouch?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Oh Ouch, I know what you feel like, this damn cold damp weather is effecting me, my joints ache and I'm fed up and just want to scream and shout and go and hide under my quilt with a warm beenie and watch a film! Actually I might just go and do that!!!
  • ouchpotato
    Options
    Hello everyone. Well I've stopped stropping about feeling rubbish, so that's a start! I was close to tears all evening; I don't even know if it was all about the pain or some of it was stress...either way it wasn't nice.
    Pain has decreased slightly today, but I did myself no favours by sitting on my front doorstep this morning to talk on the phone (I get no signal in my house), a stone step is NOT kind to an arthritic!!!

Anyway, another day another dollar.

Thanks for listening x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The next time that happens take a cushion to sit on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    And a blanket for them knees ,Oh Ouch dont do it again ,its much to cold you would be better changeing provider for better reception ,Hope you are feeling better today ,if not love just keep warm inside and wait for the worse to pass it will I promise Marrianne ((((()))) hugs